I've been trying an Andorran challenge save.  I've just tested this with a new save using no custom databases and am still getting an issue in terms of not being able to register a signing until 2022.  F.C. Andorra is in the Spanish league system (Spanish 2nd Division B3), but when I try to sign an Andorran player to put players into my U19 squad (and as emergency backups as the squad is only 25 and the game gives me an empty U19 squad), the earliest they can sign is 2022:

1197215481_AndorraTest.jpg.d47f4043d8c2ccda59d46c4cd595c660.jpg

When I try to sign a Spanish young player, I can register him on 10/8/2020.

I am also national team manager - and it does appear the game creates some Andorran new gens with the new save (but not Spanish) - so not sure if the issue is here or with the fact I'm in a Spanish league and trying to sign "foreign" players.

I've also just started a San Marino Challenge save - but using 2 custom databases for Serie D and the San Marino League.  With the club San Marino Calcio (made un-extinct in the pre-game editor - id 829175), when I try to sign any Sammarinese young players to boost my U19's, I can't register them until March 2022:

1758824701_SanMarinoTest.jpg.81ce2930533437a9dbe4d9d8ee03070f.jpg

When I try to sign Italian players - I can register them on 1/9/2020.

I would also add that with the Serie D season kicking off in late September, not being able to sign players until 1/9/2020 means this:

Cohesion.jpg.affb71d9cacd93a3e1f20e9b5326018a.jpg

So, it would be best to be able to sign them at latest for the start of pre-season...

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

I think the problem lays in foreign rules in db, as it seems Italy and Spain can't accept foreigners from San Marino and Andorra as long as they're underage. David fixed correctly the previous situation, but probably forgot to add San Marino as "foreign exempt" in Italy table and Andorra in Spanish one. There is, in fact, an Italy-Italy row and a Spain-blank row which sound both suspicious. I've edited the Italy foreign rule table in db, I can ask Spanish HRs to check their situation

5 hours ago, SoloTitano said:

Hi all!

I think the problem lays in foreign rules in db, as it seems Italy and Spain can't accept foreigners from San Marino and Andorra until they're underage. David fixed correctly the previous situation, but probably forgot to add San Marino as "foreign exempt" in Italy table and Andorra in Spanish one. There is, in fact, an Italy-Italy row and a Spain-blank row which sounds suspicious. I've edited the Italy foreign rule table in db, I can ask Spanish HRs to check their situation

Brilliant - thanks for your help with this.  That would be great for the Spanish one as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in my second season with FC Andorra and have just received a new intake of regens. All of them are classed as Foreign even though they have the nationality of Andorran. Is this being looked at as it makes the FC Andorra / nation challenge impossible if the regens are classed as non EU?

Cheers.

Screenshot (1).png

@David Siddall It doesn't look like Nordin has logged on since October, so it would be fantastic if you could fix this issue ready for the next release.  I'd like a crack at the Andorran challenge, but haven't been able to yet...  Many thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

@David Siddall  I've just started a new save with the latest release - and the bug is still there.  Any Andorran young players I'm trying to sign for F.C. Andorra the contract start date is still always 20/6/22.

Am I out of luck now in terms of being able to start this challenge as FM21 will no longer be updated?

1725628409_AndorraBug.jpg.27b13d48dc20fb18d812d5200e8c428e.jpg

• SI Staff

Hi this sounds more like a gameplay/contract issue so would be best bringing this up in that thread. They will need a save from before you offer the contract to investigate this.

I have just started a new game as F.C Andorra and approached an Andorran 18 year old and was able to offer them a contract with an immediate start date. 

Cheers,

David

20 hours ago, David Siddall said:

Hi this sounds more like a gameplay/contract issue so would be best bringing this up in that thread. They will need a save from before you offer the contract to investigate this.

I have just started a new game as F.C Andorra and approached an Andorran 18 year old and was able to offer them a contract with an immediate start date. 

Cheers,

David

I'm also managing the Andorran national team from the start - what that seems to do is create a bunch of new gens who are 15 or 16 - and it is with those that I get the bug.