Help with setting up a League + playoff continental qualification system

ratio1618

So i am trying to get New Zealands ISPS Premier league working 100% legit

It involves a 8 team league where the champions take 1 of the 2 spots NZ is allocated in the OFC Champions league. There is then a 4 team playoff that includes the champions at the end of the season and the winner of that playoff takes the 2nd of the 2 spots.

I can get the playoff winner to qualify but it wont register the champion of the league its fairly frustrating on behalf of the fact that i need to also load a cloned homemade version of the OFC CL in order for the competition to even pick the right teams. So i cnat test in the editor by itself.

Please can someone help me so i can finally get to playing this bloody game :)

Ill upload my NZ Prem file and my OFC CL file that need to be loaded together to test properly. Cheers boiz

ISPS Handa Premiership Advanced.fmf O-League Advanced.fmf

25 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Looking into this one.

Shot bro. Figured i would dress the problem down and made a quick league with just a standard league finish with no playoffs and the right teams are qualifying for the CL so its something to do with the playoff system tiggering the OFC CL to not pull the right teams.

If you run some sims let me know if Canterbury and Hawkes bay get OFC CL quals every year, thats what happened to me

Take a look how its done in similar systems with playoff for continental competitions. I think belgium have similar system.

Main issue here is 2 stages. OFC will consider stage 0 as main stage and team order as default for continental qualification.

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Take a look how its done in similar systems with playoff for continental competitions. I think belgium have similar system.

Main issue here is 2 stages. OFC will consider stage 0 as main stage and team order as default for continental qualification.

Wouldnt this at least have the team that won the Prem qualify and ruse team order for the other team? But good shout ill check Belgium thanks man

8 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Maybe there is something hardcoded for OFC CL.

Possibly but i literally scraped the entire databse entry, it has been replaced with my identical home made version,

Anyways had a look at Belgium and its using this system Which i dont recall ever using)
image.png.3bf607edf012caf5d78a1add475d6ea0.png

9 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Maybe there is something hardcoded for OFC CL.

Im like 90% sure it isnt a Hardocding issue as leagues wrok fine without he playoff.

I checked out the Belgiun league and it didnt really provide much insight. Part of me is thinking this is a bug because uim pretty sur ei was able to do this 100% last year.

Ok so i managed to get it to at least look at the league, it coesmetically shows the team as qualifying in spoits 1 and 2 

Problem is the comp refuses to start. That is a good thing though, it means that its trying to pull something that isnt Cantebury United and Hawkes bay . What ever it is trying to pull must have something to do with my rules.

Ill upload the two working files now NTOE i merged the database of the OFC CL and the NZP so that i can point to my custom OFC CL from the NZP.

League & Data Updates.fmf O-League Advanced.fmf

5 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

Possibly but i literally scraped the entire databse entry, it has been replaced with my identical home made version,

Anyways had a look at Belgium and its using this system Which i dont recall ever using)
image.png.3bf607edf012caf5d78a1add475d6ea0.png

I used this setting to get the top two teams in my league (a championship playoff winner/loser) into a rebuilt continental rules Oceania Champions League and it worked. First season it just picked random teams (even though I'd set previous finishing positions for other clubs), then second season it correctly inserted the right teams into the OCL. Let me know if you need a screenshot of what my settings look like and I'll get one when back on the right computer.

13 minutes ago, Supermercado99 said:

I used this setting to get the top two teams in my league (a championship playoff winner/loser) into a rebuilt continental rules Oceania Champions League and it worked. First season it just picked random teams (even though I'd set previous finishing positions for other clubs), then second season it correctly inserted the right teams into the OCL. Let me know if you need a screenshot of what my settings look like and I'll get one when back on the right computer.

Managed to get it done by removing everything in here

image.thumb.png.e28a32ff5f1ef480524d57bc241a582f.png

and then setting league fate actions at the end of the league and cup stages. Everything seems to work besides the first year where the Phoenix qualify anyways,

Now all i need to do is find out how to stop the Phoenix Reserves from getting into the playoffs and its golden :) shot boys

Also i dont know if Continental cup rules is broken or not it super weird.