What is wrong with my tactics?

Hey guys! I'm having a save with Getafe now. We are atm 8th in the league. However we're really inconsistent and we draw a lot of matches. I've narrowed it down to three problems :

1. Most of our goals are from set-pieces and only very few come from open play.
  2. I can't get my striker (Haaland) to score.
  3. I get absolutely destroyed by teams who play defensive.  

Below is a screenshot of my primary tactic. What am I doing wrong? What do I tweak?1320561939_Screenshot2020-11-10101318.png.1a892697c3a13f2c7486b4463689015b.png

Just in terms of your mentality and the roles/duties, it is very unbalanced. Two attacking duties on the same flank, with no defensive cover to speak of (RGA is not defensive in nature), I wouldn't be surprised if that left flank is where the opposition hurts you most. The two other issues I see are centrally; firstly, a regista should be paired with someone who's going to hold and offer defensive cover, which the volante doesn't do. Secondly, this is more personal preference, I wouldn't play a regista with a playmaker ahead of him. 

Just spitballing so take the following with a grain of salt but I'd tweak as follows:

CF(At)

IF(Su)               AM(Su)          W(su)                  

A(De)/DM(De)  RGA(Su)

CWB(At)   CB(De)    CB(De)   FB(Su)

SK(Su)

Anchorman/Defensive Midfielder (whichever best suits the player) provides cover for the left flank and lets the RGA move around more. The RGA being on the right (with the FB and Winger) should help draw the opposition that way, leaving space for the IF and CBW to exploit down the left. AM(Su) should in theory drop more, without being a ball magnet like an AP, to present as a passing option for the RGA as well as being more defensively solid. Depending on how good your RGA is, you can utilise the Distribute to Playmaker option, potentially allowing him to drop inbetween the two central defenders to receive the ball, getting him on the ball earlier and having a player who (should) be suited to bypassing the opposition's press. 

1 hour ago, kazuya57 said:

Hey guys! I'm having a save with Getafe now. We are atm 8th in the league. However we're really inconsistent and we draw a lot of matches. I've narrowed it down to three problems :

1. Most of our goals are from set-pieces and only very few come from open play.
  2. I can't get my striker (Haaland) to score.
  3. I get absolutely destroyed by teams who play defensive.  

Below is a screenshot of my primary tactic. What am I doing wrong? What do I tweak?1320561939_Screenshot2020-11-10101318.png.1a892697c3a13f2c7486b4463689015b.png

1. You don't  have a left flank: Your left flank reads= CWB(att), IF(att) and Reg(su). These are all "mavericks". In order words, that flank is defensively unstable. 

Maybe change the LB to WB(a), LDM to HB(de) and LW to IW(s). 

2. I'm  all for flexible pairing, as long as it makes sense in the context of the whole squad. I'm  finding it difficult understanding the combination of Reg & Vol. Plus, it isnt  the cover you think it is for your CB's.

3. I like the right flank. 

4. I think a Treq - CF PARTNERSHIP offers more.

5. A split press and a tweak in your TI(team instructions) will help.

2 hours ago, NotSoSpecialOne said:

Just in terms of your mentality and the roles/duties, it is very unbalanced. Two attacking duties on the same flank, with no defensive cover to speak of (RGA is not defensive in nature), I wouldn't be surprised if that left flank is where the opposition hurts you most. The two other issues I see are centrally; firstly, a regista should be paired with someone who's going to hold and offer defensive cover, which the volante doesn't do. Secondly, this is more personal preference, I wouldn't play a regista with a playmaker ahead of him. 

Just spitballing so take the following with a grain of salt but I'd tweak as follows:

CF(At)

IF(Su)               AM(Su)          W(su)                  

A(De)/DM(De)  RGA(Su)

CWB(At)   CB(De)    CB(De)   FB(Su)

SK(Su)

Anchorman/Defensive Midfielder (whichever best suits the player) provides cover for the left flank and lets the RGA move around more. The RGA being on the right (with the FB and Winger) should help draw the opposition that way, leaving space for the IF and CBW to exploit down the left. AM(Su) should in theory drop more, without being a ball magnet like an AP, to present as a passing option for the RGA as well as being more defensively solid. Depending on how good your RGA is, you can utilise the Distribute to Playmaker option, potentially allowing him to drop inbetween the two central defenders to receive the ball, getting him on the ball earlier and having a player who (should) be suited to bypassing the opposition's press. 

Thanks... it's already working and i won the next 2 matches. But still I can't get Haaland to score. :-( 

Here is what IMHO is (most obviously) wrong with your tactic:

- the left flank/side totally unprotected in terms of role/duty selection (a recipe for defensive disaster)

- tight marking does not make any sense in your tactic, both in terms of the formation and tactical style (remove the instruction)

- the style of play looks fairly undefined, due to contradiction between both instructions and roles/duties and instructions themselves (decide what style of football you want to play, i.e. what exactly you want from your players)

P.S: Think whether your players are good enough to play the style you want to implement. If you ask more from them than they are capable of, you are likely to struggle even if the tactic was "perfectly" designed (which it definitely is not at the moment).