Regens

Delvi

After 10 years in game, I've noticed some issues related to regens:

AGE: we should get them from academy at 14-15 yo, not at 16-17.

ROLES: the best regens playing in the position of central midfielder are always deep lying and advanced playmakers, it's really hard to find a winning ball midfielder or a box to box or a carrilero; the same goes for defensive midfielder: almost all DLP, seldom winning ball midfielder, I yet have to find a great half back or defensive midfielder; the same goes for other roles as well: seldom I saw sweeper or libero, sometimes wing back, never saw a trequartista or raumdeuter on the wings, however I noticed good balance and variety for goalkeepers and forwards roles.

NATIONALITY SHOULD GIVE SOME TRAITS: for instance Italy shoud produce good goalkeepers and defenders, Argentina half back and forwards, Croatia outstanding midfielders and so on. However players from different nations should have particular traits, for instance italians a good balance between physical, technical and tactical attributes,  a player from Brazil or former Yugoslavia should have better technical skills and player from Africa better physical skills, but they should have worst tactical attributes if compared to players growed in Italy or Germany. This can be really interesting in order to have some more variety, youngster which need different trainings and development and which excell in different areas.

DEVELOPMENT: I think the game doesn't take enough experience into account and this is affecting the realism and the gameplay, since the best way to be successful in 3-4 years is to sign really young players with good potential, which at the age of 20-21 yo would form a great team, able to win the league if you put also a couple of 24-25 yo players. I think the balance should be different, it should be more rewarding to have 30-33 yo players in the team, since they have higher salaries and their price is dropping season after season, so there should be an advantage in keeping in the team players with average age of 25-30 with many players over 30, as it's happening in real life.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/durchschnittsalter/wettbewerb/GB1

https://www.transfermarkt.com/primera-division/durchschnittsalter/wettbewerb/ES1

1 ora fa, Unknown Hacker ha scritto:

The age at which people appear at your club depends on the nation you're playing in.

As for national traits, I think the game used to have that. But you end up on quite dodgy ground quite quickly if you limit African regens to just their physical attributes.

I didn't mean anything based on the etnicity of a player but on the context where he's training, playing and developing. Playing in Brazil for instance IRL is not like playing in England or Italy, the approach is completely different. In Brazil they focus more on tecnique, in England on intensity and in Italy...well, until 20 years ago it was more focused on defending and technique, now they focus more on tactical attitude, starting from youth teams. Of course this should be a subtle trait, not something dramatic.

Edited by Delvi

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...