Fringe & Prospect Players

I'm training in Brazil, so I put them to play the whole Regional championship, which is a useless championship.
Also, I use the First team to play the Libertadores and Brazilian Cup, so the prospects and fringe players are used in the Serie A league a lot, which leads to poor results, but a fast player development.

Fringe players are there purely as rotation options so I can rest key players or they can cover injuries. So they get to play games we should win more easily or games that are not important. Or they play more often if there are injuries.

Youth prospects I will try to get exposure to the first team. I will either use them as rotation options alongside (or rather instead of) fringe players. I will also try to get them substitute appearances when possible, with a plan to build them up into the first team rotation proper at some point. If I cannot get them game time (striker for me usually tends to be a difficult role to break into) I will consider sending them out on loan. But I will try to pick a club at a decent level where they will get decent game time. 

On 18/08/2020 at 23:45, Justin Tomlinson said:

I just wondered what rotations / opportunities everyone gives for their fringe / prospect players?

As a rule for me it’s cups, especially Europe in the earlier stages, plus off the bench in the league if game is looking settled.

I go with cups in the early stages but I also give the league cup to the youths until the quarter-final stage. Then the big boys take over.

I can use easy home games as well.... let the fringe players stretch their legs.

Mostly with prospects I have a loan out policy once they have out grown the u23 squad. It's the big test in the one of the big leagues around the world or a stiff physical test in the championship.