Pitch pattern - how to edit?

Robbie Hood

Hello. Hopefully someone will be able to help me with my "problem".
I am playing FM20 and enjoying it greatly, but after i got a new stadium for Nottingham Forest the pitch pattern changed to circles - AND I HATE IT!!!!
What do i have to do to change the pitch pattern for my stadium?

I tried downloading the editor hoping it would be an easy fix, but that didn`t work, so i am hoping for some help here :)

image.gif

I have now created the folder and put your patterns inside. But my next home game is a month away.

I am curious to how this pattern should apply only to my home ground? When looking at facilities and my pitch it is still circled pitch pattern...

2 minutes ago, Robbie Hood said:

I have now created the folder and put your patterns inside. But my next home game is a month away.

I am curious to how this pattern should apply only to my home ground? When looking at facilities and my pitch it is still circled pitch pattern...

the facilities page wont reflect the 3D pitch as far as im aware.   The game usually sets the pattern on game generation, if yours is the circle pattern, just play with that graphic in the textures folder and reload.  (you may have to reboot game, cant remmeber)

Ok. So now i have gone to Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2020 and created a folder called textures. In that folder i created a folder called pitch, and in that folder i created a folder called patterns. Inside that folder i placed the file called checkered.dds - Because i would like the checkered pattern on my pitch. 
Cleared cache - reloaded the game - played home game - but nothing has happened to my pitch pattern.

What am i doing wrong? 

Leicester have a beautiful checkered pattern on their pitch, how can i get the same on my pitch....

What pattern is on your pitch now? The game has 10 or so to pick from, you cant just have one on the folder and it will pick that.  You will have to wait for it to assign a pattern to your stadium and then overwrite that image with whatever you want. 

1 minute ago, Robbie Hood said:

The pattern is circles, the same it has been since i got a new stadium. I have now put all the patterns you had made and put them into the patterns folder. I will now reload the game and see what happens.

You should be able to replace the circle.dds with what ever you fancy. clear cache reload etc

Ive attached the default in case you need to revert back. 

patterns - default.rar

I now put all of your patterns inside the patterns folder - played away to FC Bayern, and the pitch had one of your more creative patterns with crop circles in the middle :)

I will wait for my next home game and see what pattern shows up there.

10 minutes ago, Robbie Hood said:

In my home game a different pattern appeared. Not really sure which one...how can i see in the folder which one is being picked?

close inpection of the image but not much else.. 

I think i can see which one it is, but how do i replace that one with the checkered one that i want? The checkered one is already inside the folder.

And sorry for asking stupid questions. This is new to me but it would make my playing experience much more enjoyable if i could get this to work :)

9 minutes ago, Robbie Hood said:

I think i can see which one it is, but how do i replace that one with the checkered one that i want? The checkered one is already inside the folder.

And sorry for asking stupid questions. This is new to me but it would make my playing experience much more enjoyable if i could get this to work :)

replace the image with one you want, renamed checkered.dds

I will try this out for my next home game, but i still don`t understand this....when i put your creative pitch patterns in the folders i created it now seems like only they are being used. Away games on pitches with patterns that they don`t normally have. I want the other teams to have the pitch patterns they normally have, but i want to change only my own pitch.

Is there not a file/folder somewhere where i can see what all the other teams have as pitch patterns?

8 minutes ago, Robbie Hood said:

I will try this out for my next home game, but i still don`t understand this....when i put your creative pitch patterns in the folders i created it now seems like only they are being used. Away games on pitches with patterns that they don`t normally have. I want the other teams to have the pitch patterns they normally have, but i want to change only my own pitch.

Is there not a file/folder somewhere where i can see what all the other teams have as pitch patterns?

No, its random.  The game will assign each a stadium a pattern at game start.   Once you know what the pattern is for your home.  You can change that image.

I have now tried this, but could not get it to work. I am probably doing something wrong. I completely understand if people want to spend their time doing something else than to instruct me - step by step - idiot safe - how to get this right, but i would greatly appreciate it if someone would do it :)

I have downloaded this:
https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm20-realistic-pitch-textures-by-majesticeternity.html

Inside the pitch patterns there are 9 different patterns. For my home games the circles.dds is used.
I want to use checkered.dds.

Now here comes my really stupid question:
how do i overwrite/change circles.dds to checkered.dds? If i rename the circles picture to checkered there will be 2 checkered files in the folder.
It`s probably easy but i don`t understand how to overwrite the circles pattern....

1 hour ago, Robbie Hood said:

I have downloaded this:
https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm20-realistic-pitch-textures-by-majesticeternity.html

Inside the pitch patterns there are 9 different patterns. For my home games the circles.dds is used.
I want to use checkered.dds.

Now here comes my really stupid question:
how do i overwrite/change circles.dds to checkered.dds? If i rename the circles picture to checkered there will be 2 checkered files in the folder.
It`s probably easy but i don`t understand how to overwrite the circles pattern....

just swap the names.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if the pitch patterns are still editable in the same way in FM22? I've tried changing them (trying to replace the circles, horizontal stripes and checkered diagonal with custom vertical striped versions) but no luck so far - despite reloading skin/clearing cache several times and exiting/rebooting the game it's still showing the default patterns

Folder setup (same file with different names for testing):

image.png.01bbac8fad2582b40b1a0f3cb713bca3.png

On 08/12/2021 at 16:11, autohoratio said:

Does anyone know if the pitch patterns are still editable in the same way in FM22? I've tried changing them (trying to replace the circles, horizontal stripes and checkered diagonal with custom vertical striped versions) but no luck so far - despite reloading skin/clearing cache several times and exiting/rebooting the game it's still showing the default patterns

Folder setup (same file with different names for testing):

image.png.01bbac8fad2582b40b1a0f3cb713bca3.png

@wkdsoulYou wouldn't happen to know, would you?