[FM18] Third rock from the sun

rodesire

Third time lucky in Gibraltar, hopefully.  Intention is to do youth only save as Gibraltar has the worst youth rating in Europe at 15. I might get external staff though.

Using FM Gibraltar patch but with significant changes:

• redistributed prize money in Primera (460k down to 3k, 550k total -> 60k down to 15k, 450k total now)
  • redistributed prize money in Segunda (1k, 0.5k -> 10k, 6k, 3k)
  • added two extinct teams to Lower division (Gib Reg, Angels)
  • added new Development Stadium and added 4 teams to play in it
  • reactivated Town Camp Stadium and added 5 teams to play in it
  • set Europa Point stadium active and available from summer 2019 (8k capacity)
  • added extra round of fixtures for both domestic leagues (18 and 14 -> 27 and 21 now)
  • relegation from Segunda

The reasons for above changes - the lack of money in Primera would be killing any team that's not winning the league making this league super easy once you start winning. Having more than one stadium will allow teams to play more matches at the same time reducing crazy scheduling somewhat. New Europa Point stadium can be used for Champions League/Europa League runs and should provide great base for Gibraltar teams in Europe.

Using a fair few European nations and all leagues in Portugal, Spain, Wales, Ireland, N.Ireland, England, Scotland and Gibraltar.

624090_20200525181352_1.png.062b759fac8d54c8c74e8de3e4f373c5.png

21 hours ago, pheelf said:

Shame that your previous save ended the way it did as it was really kicking on but never mind.

Good luck with your new adventure in Gibraltar. Is the TV money Easter egg still a thing?

What's the TV money easter egg?

In FM16 (I'm not sure whether it still happens in later versions), once you raised the league reputation of the Gibraltar top division by a certain amount you would get a massive new TV deal which would pay each team a sum comparable to the top European leagues in the game. The best example I can show of it happening: Work The Space - Gibraltar Apex

It's unique as it's the only country which was programmed to behave in that way. I've gotten the N. Irish top league up to 6th in the reputation table in my save and our TV money, sponsorships and prize money for the N. Irish competitions are still lousy. I really wish this could happen there as it would make the task of building the nation a lot easier!!

Best Regards

Edited by pheelf

40 minutes ago, pheelf said:

In FM16 (I'm not sure whether it still happens in later versions), once you raised the league reputation of the Gibraltar top division by a certain amount you would get a massive new TV deal which would pay each team a sum comparable to the top European leagues in the game. The best example I can show of it happening: Work The Space - Gibraltar Apex

It's unique as it's the only country which was programmed to behave in that way. I've gotten the N. Irish top league up to 6th in the reputation table in my save and our TV money, sponsorships and prize money for the N. Irish competitions are still lousy. I really wish this could happen there as it would make the task of building the nation a lot easier!!

Best Regards

Haha, that's ridiculous.  I don't think I'll need the easter egg though.  with youth only approach you don't ever need the money and I scaled the positional money in such a way, everyone gets a good share of the pie.  Sponsorship is definitely something that should be improved though, I agree, as the teams rise from the bottom to be one of top European teams.