Clear cut chances

Could someone please have a look at my tactic and give any advice possible. My team struggle to create clear cut chances, and majority of the few goals I score come from crosses and all play seems to bypass my striker. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-05-19 16.45.50.png

To get the most out of Immobile I think he must play in another role, probably in a more direct system too. With him and Leao maybe 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2 would work?

18 minutes ago, Djuicer said:

To get the most out of Immobile I think he must play in another role, probably in a more direct system too. With him and Leao maybe 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2 would work?

I have a 4-3-1-2 as a second tactic but not sure of what roles and instructions to set, could you shed any light? Also anything I could change about my current setup to create clear cut chances, don’t want to base a whole tactic to suit immobile as he is 32 now

I think that tactic is very dependant upon your full backs or in that case they probably must play wing back. So two good wing backs is a solid start.

Then maybe. Oh well, I will screen an example.

Z92Zm4F.jpg

I tried to keep some of the roles you already used in the 4-1-2-3.

The style itself you can either keep or change. Hopefully this is balanced enough for more than one style. 

Hello mate,

IIRC, Immobile is more of goal scorer than a creator, which is what you're playing him as. I'm willing to guess that Immobile has been far from your best player and hasn't been scoring many goals based on looking at your tactic. Even your backup, Belotti, is more of a physical-goal scoring type, who again doesn't fit into your system

Don't want to self-plug but I literally made a post about getting the most out of a goalscorer at AC Milan, and I have a lot of the same players as you, so the same ideas should work.

We're currently unbeaten in first place, where Piatek has scored 11 in 11, it should be useful for you.

A lot of the post is to with what @Djuicer has said about your directness. You're playing an extremely low risk passing style, which is making you easy to defend against, to get that sort of style scoring lots of goals and playing exciting football, you need pretty much every player in your team to have excellent technical ability. For example, prime Barcelona played that style, with every single player in the team being excellent on the ball, and they still sometimes had trouble breaking down defensive sides. As well as this, it's clearly documented that Zlatan Ibrahimovic had a miserable time under Guardiola at Barca, and it's no suprise considering that Zlatan was a tall, strong player who would've loved quick transitions and crosses into the box. He was probably tearing his hair out watching Xavi and Iniesta pass between each other.

However, if you are set on this style, the first thing you should do is sell Immobile, Belotti and Kessie. This is because they are all physical players who are being wasted playing a slow style of play. You should replace the strikers with a natural F9 or Trequartista, and replace Kessie with a natural playmaker, someone similar to De Bruyne would be ideal. If you can't, you could retrain Almada as an F9,  swap Kessie with Bencar and play Kessie as an anchor man, then play calhanoglu in centre midfield with Paqueta as a sort of 'dual 8' pairing, probably both as CMs with instructions such as roam, more risky passes. this way you will have a very technical front 5 capable of working the ball into the box, with leao being a goalscoring threat from wide. It also gives you more cover for the adventurous wing backs than can stretch the defence and providw width

Edited by Jack722