Experienced FM Player, DoF Progression

TheJock83

I'm sure the topic of game users being Director of Football has been discussed before but my idea may be new I dunno.

Say I've managed for 8-10 years at a top league club, been successful and decide to resign and take a break from management. Now also say in my first season I hired a young coach and he (or she, copyright James Acaster) and after 8-10 years under my learning true they are offered a managerial post and:

NEW FEATURE

As I am out of work (the key component to this feature) a coach I have a relationship with offers me the Director of Football position. Job specs can be set out like the club vision section of FM20 (he may want you to handle all transfers and contracts only, or do that plus run the development centre, and can choose if you are to give tactical advice or not).

I am aware that setting yourself up as a DoF can be done in game already, but my idea is being officially contracted as a DoF, which the catches being an existing relationship with the club manager, being out of work (or being asked by your current club to move upstairs) and have a specific number of seasons played in game.

So, now internet - tell me why with as little detail as possible how bad my idea is!

• 1 month later...