I thought I had accidentally sold one of my better players...

Considered filing this as a bug but it's so minor I don't think it matters:

vadsc-01.thumb.png.b240c931503449eae380b0fabf887f20.png

Anyway I think what happened was that I had three AML's, Williams, El-Mhanni, and a third guy called Adams. El-Mhanni got jealous when I bought Williams but when I sold Adams instead, I think he got confused but was at the same time happy his competitor was removed.

Ended up giving me a heart attack with this notification thinking I had sold the wrong guy. Adams was actually really good but he kept injuring himself, so off to Norwich he went.

Edited by LetsNotScoreAnyGoalsCosThatsHowWeCanWin

Don't really think it's a bug. Players kinda have an internal ranking of where they view themselves to be, so if he considered himself second choice (Since you said Adams was pretty solid), the purchase of El-Mhanni would have him potentially drop to third choice, but with Adams moving he's second choice again so he's back in the spot he originally considered himself to be in. The AI isn't so much focused on the player you brought in, but more in losing their overall spot within the squad, so by removing either of the competitors they're fine.

10 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Don't really think it's a bug. Players kinda have an internal ranking of where they view themselves to be, so if he considered himself second choice (Since you said Adams was pretty solid), the purchase of El-Mhanni would have him potentially drop to third choice, but with Adams moving he's second choice again so he's back in the spot he originally considered himself to be in. The AI isn't so much focused on the player you brought in, but more in losing their overall spot within the squad, so by removing either of the competitors they're fine.

Read the message again. "I believe the player is no longer worried about being replaced following the departure of Randell Williams from the club"

report the bug in the UI subforum, OP