Hand in Hand through their Parkgate!

andychar

Image result for parkgate fc logo

Parkgate FC

So this wasn't going to be a documented save. This was just going to be for me. But I started to enjoy it and thought why not.

Background and History

Wikipedia defines Parkgate FC as...

Parkgate Football Club is an English football club based in Parkgate, Rotherham, South Yorkshire. They play in the Northern Counties East Football League Division One, at level 10 of the English football league system.

The club was established in 1969 as BSC Parkgate and played in the Hatchard and Sheffield Association leagues before joining the Yorkshire League in 1974. In 1979 they were promoted from Division Three to Division Two, and when the league merged with the Midland League to form the Northern Counties East League (NCEL) in 1982, Parkgate were entered into Division One South of the new competition.[2]

In 1986 they were promoted to the NCEL Division One. Two years after changing their name to RES Parkgate in 1990,[3] they installed floodlights, and in 1994 they changed their name again, this time to just Parkgate.[4] The 1997–98 season saw Parkgate reach the final of the Sheffield & Hallamshire Senior Cup for the first time, losing to Emley at Hillsborough (they lost two further finals in 2006 and 2011).

They were finally promoted to the NCEL Premier Division in 2007 when they won the Division One title, and they have remained in this division ever since, reaching a high point in 2011 when they finished as league runners-up.

The Steelmen suffered relegation from the NCEL Premier Division at the end of the 2017–18 season under the guidance of Manager Billy Fox.

Reasoning

I wanted a bit of a change of pace. It struck me that I've never done a save where I don't ever intend to move. In fact my previous save with Hampton and Richmond is probably the longest I've stayed at a club for a very long time. So why Parkgate? Simple really, it's a 5 minute walk from where I live.

Ground

Image result for roundwood sports complex

Pretty much what you expect! There is a pub on site which is rather quite nice as well. 

Objective 

The objective is simple. Just see how far I can take Parkgate FC. I will be using Instant Result and hopefully plowing through the seasons.

I've always wanted a Son. Never had one in the game so that would be awesome. I don't know if sticking in one place makes it more likely to happen or its just random.

I'd also like a Ground named after me. I have a chance in this save as we hopefully progress through the leagues!

I've obviously downloaded a database which is England down to Tier 11 (just in case we go down).

There are no rules. I can sign who I want (not ready for those Youth Only saves just yet).

So that's pretty much it. Lets see what happens! 

Pre-Season 2019-20

As I've already started this is just a quick catch up. 

Im not going to screenshot every single signing because...

9f7a1fb19ae2b042b45cd03cac5c923a.png03028812023d59ba294d659d6b5d6a5d.png

There were a lot. 

When I joined we didn't have a single CB. Not one. I've strengthened in places but some places are still lacking.

ea8181a93bbc8e803a5408e777448e4c.png

First thing I really did was put in a staff base. This lot are crap but hopefuly they can do the job. I've started with no badges or experience as per. At least at this level I don't stick out like a sore thumb!

b229aa482f1365d1590200a36ab24a8f.png

I'm using a downloaded tactic and actually the first from Knap I've used in 20. He's always provided good quality in my opinion.

At the moment its a very much hands off save until we get higher up the leagues.

9c1380f624c962a65b20c206ce500dd3.png

Top 2 go up so we are favourites for promotion, but with it only 14/1 all the way down in 14th it should be tight. North Ferriby are in the division. They were playing as North Ferriby United not long ago as high as the National League but the reality of football happened. They are back down here playing under a different name. I think they could go through the ranks.

The game processes slow for me so I'm aiming to remove the divisons as I climb them, always keeping wiggle room for relegation just in case.

If there's anything you want to see let me know as this was a quick intro!

2 hours ago, andychar said:

Pre-Season 2019-20

As I've already started this is just a quick catch up. 

Im not going to screenshot every single signing because...

9f7a1fb19ae2b042b45cd03cac5c923a.png03028812023d59ba294d659d6b5d6a5d.png

There were a lot. 

When I joined we didn't have a single CB. Not one. I've strengthened in places but some places are still lacking.

ea8181a93bbc8e803a5408e777448e4c.png

First thing I really did was put in a staff base. This lot are crap but hopefuly they can do the job. I've started with no badges or experience as per. At least at this level I don't stick out like a sore thumb!

b229aa482f1365d1590200a36ab24a8f.png

I'm using a downloaded tactic and actually the first from Knap I've used in 20. He's always provided good quality in my opinion.

At the moment its a very much hands off save until we get higher up the leagues.

9c1380f624c962a65b20c206ce500dd3.png

Top 2 go up so we are favourites for promotion, but with it only 14/1 all the way down in 14th it should be tight. North Ferriby are in the division. They were playing as North Ferriby United not long ago as high as the National League but the reality of football happened. They are back down here playing under a different name. I think they could go through the ranks.

The game processes slow for me so I'm aiming to remove the divisons as I climb them, always keeping wiggle room for relegation just in case.

If there's anything you want to see let me know as this was a quick intro!

I like that you have backed a team so close to you, I have always been tempted to do that.

Can I ask is Gullem Balague a director or Park Gate in real life as he is a Spanish presenter on Sky Sports lol.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I like that you have backed a team so close to you, I have always been tempted to do that.

Can I ask is Gullem Balague a director or Park Gate in real life as he is a Spanish presenter on Sky Sports lol.

Haha I thought that but looking at the age of the guy I hired I'm gonna disappointingly assume its not the same person.

August 2019

I wasnt sure what to expect. The dynamics were terrible because pretty much everybody was new at the club. We were predicted 2nd and the board wanted at least top 3. No pressure then!

3ecf673fbc83f28e867c07b5fc87fe8a.png

Its not truely non-league football if at this stage you have played more league than cup games. The only blip was a 2-2 draw away in the cup and even they are in a division above us. As you can tell the mentality is to attack and hope for the best. We have a team from the 7th tier (we are tier 10) in the next round of the FA Cup so not getting hopes but we have done well to get to the 1st Qualifying Round.

0dc9f84ce8bf4a713886efb4ecbb72b3.png

Good start in the league, couldn't have been better really.

September 2019

Good start but we needed to build and make sure we didn't let it slip even at this very early stage.

620c50524fb8fbae49aa3531b2b107ea.png

We blew a big chance against Royston. We were 2 up with 5 minutes to play but blew it and the deservedly lost the replay. Other than that a great month. First dropped points of the league season.

4719a579bb88903d69f65a0d29a7cc96.png

But we are the only team unbeaten. Looking like this could be a 3 way race for 2 promotion places. Looking forward to getting my teeth into this.

44 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Is that North Ferriby United who were recently in the National League?

It is. They were demoted a few leagues and not play under North Ferriby. Think it’s a Phoenix thing. 

I am still playing this save. Just been busy recently! 

October 2019

We played North Ferriby this month giving us the chance to really hammer home an advantage.

41829b6e84368e1a467ef00dc0691a95.png

Perfection. Including two big wins against North Ferriby and Hall Road Rangers.

bb8df30c18f60a99b7c8af06406fff16.png

A game in hand for the chasing pack but a nice lead at the moment. Armthorpe Welfare seem to be the new kids trying to dethrone us.

I'm going to have to knock this save on the head!

My laptop just can't handle the sheer number of leagues loaded and it seems to take ages just getting from game to game. Therefore I will reluctantly give this up.