When to sign Players`?

I have `just` been promoted via the Play-Offs from League 1 to The Championship, with Bolton.

The thing is, I know lots of "good" Staff & many, many "good" Players` do not want to come to League 1 Bolton [ who incidentally are leaking money daily ].

It is 30th May - what to do?, I can try & ask The Board again to increase wages for Staff say OR do I wait until 1st July - when our Rep may have gone up, Players` have gone ( 30th June Contracts up ) & the finances are all sorted?.

The danger obviously is that within that month, I lose out on all the good signings.

I am sure I remember in FM17, I signed all the freebies / cheapies, then the better stuff came later!.

Please help?, thanking you in advance.

You should be able to bring in playing staff immediately after your promotion who are happy to play in the level above. If you don't notice a larger pool, try again on 9th June when the window opens and everything will have definitely changed in terms of your league and reputation by the time the season switches over on June 24th.

Staff is a little bit different, especially when you have been promoted. A high proportion of staff will get a new contract at some point in May or June and then it's hardcoded that they are not interested because they have signed a deal so with staff I would recommend waiting until mid-late August before you finalise your staff appointments in case there is a better one who would join but isn't showing up. Having said that I wouldn't leave myself short staffed and if I see a standout I'd go for him earlier in the summer.