[FM20] Championship Manager 03/04 Database (24 leagues, ~15000 players)

12 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

I just added french third division (Championnat National). It's a lot of work to add a league, probably about an hour a team, but it's not ridiculous and I basically don't play FM anymore besides running tests on this thing. I'm using later FM databases (08 and 11) as reference points too which is really helping me out because the research in CM 03-04 just isn't that complete. As always, I'd love it if anyone sent me a file with players for a club, a league, a national team, whatever you want. I got a bunch of players in a PM filling out a lot of the national teams from @mrdano here and I never credited him, my bad. 

I have correct names showing for the J-League teams but I can't view the "general" tab on their pages at all, it's weird. Obviously it's all licensing. Whatever licensing files I downloaded when the game came out, I get the correct team names with.

image.thumb.png.97ce48acc52d599992f4a50ef97962e4.png

unknown.png

I deleted the last clone players yesterday (Gaby Mudingayi and, like, a lot of Brazilians, which were hard to sift through because obviously a lot of them use the same names) but the players who have clone staff members are going to be a lot harder to get rid of. I used FM Genie Scout to get a list of players + a list of staff, so this is a good start, but I would need to write something for the XML that adds a delete action for all those IDs. Maybe I'll try for FM21.

image.thumb.png.e760fa9ccdf456bbe080d1285fad26b3.png

Newest save w/championnat national: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXnd3Ja8aDz7eTKRjozMWweAa_n4JECT

Newest player pictures: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AbfKQ1yOL_nqBm6eCG4CYKQ3CxrskOv6/

Thank mate for the reply,

if you need any assistance i am here to help if you would like....i also made a pack for missing faces for players / managers i could post it as well & you can add it to your pack too.

could you please add the latest database here as i would like to add some egyptian players of that era that aren't in the database ?

Edited by Cavenaghi99

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Cavenaghi99 said:

Thank mate for the reply,

if you need any assistance i am here to help if you would like....i also made a pack for missing faces for players / managers i could post it as well & you can add it to your pack too.

could you please add the latest database here as i would like to add some egyptian players of that era that aren't in the database ?

FMF is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qP1DRWYgC3uJkNFeDSyV7hhX5a56r6ED/edit

Yeah, I put Mohamed Shawky in and the GK who got like 200 caps, I made Aboutrika way earlier, but I never actually sat down with a list of players for Egypt like I did for Saudi, Hungary and a couple others. But the easiest way to add players is to just make a brand new file, make sure you aren't making duplicates, and send the new file to me and/or merge it in for yourself, so you don't have to deal with loading/running the big guy. The system with the pictures and the UIDs also gets super thrown off by deleted records, so if you accidentally make Aboutrika again (just as an example) it's better to just build a new guy on top of his record than it is to delete it.

On 22/09/2020 at 16:21, lucasnake said:

This is not a major problem, but, many players when you go to the history tab, it shows last year statistics for him, for example, Messi shows in the mod that he scored 36 goals in 34 games for Barcelona, which obviously didn't happen in the mod's timeframe :p, is there a way to delete those left over statistics?

image.png.11429aae5af12f06763b8397ebec6eb6.png 

.Again I might be technically able to do it with XML editing but I'm not positive. The only real XML editing I did before was just moving up the birth years, which I think was literally find and replace 2006 for 2007, find and replace 2005 for 2006, etc. going backwards, so I don't want to talk myself up too much. But yeah, it'll look even worse in FM21 with a new year of real history data, so I'll probably try.

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 24/09/2020 at 17:50, Ruh Roh said:

FMF is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qP1DRWYgC3uJkNFeDSyV7hhX5a56r6ED/edit

Yeah, I put Mohamed Shawky in and the GK who got like 200 caps, I made Aboutrika way earlier, but I never actually sat down with a list of players for Egypt like I did for Saudi, Hungary and a couple others. But the easiest way to add players is to just make a brand new file, make sure you aren't making duplicates, and send the new file to me and/or merge it in for yourself, so you don't have to deal with loading/running the big guy. The system with the pictures and the UIDs also gets super thrown off by deleted records, so if you accidentally make Aboutrika again (just as an example) it's better to just build a new guy on top of his record than it is to delete it.

.Again I might be technically able to do it with XML editing but I'm not positive. The only real XML editing I did before was just moving up the birth years, which I think was literally find and replace 2006 for 2007, find and replace 2005 for 2006, etc. going backwards, so I don't want to talk myself up too much. But yeah, it'll look even worse in FM21 with a new year of real history data, so I'll probably try.

Any reason why when i installed the new  faces some faces are messed up ??

Also the game has 2 eidur gudjohnsen both plays for Chelsea

Edited by Cavenaghi99

8 hours ago, Cavenaghi99 said:

Any reason why when i installed the new  faces some faces are messed up ??

Also the game has 2 eidur gudjohnsen both plays for Chelsea

Are you running it with the transfer update patch maybe? Since he has a new job irl I feel like he's one whose original SI ID disappeared from the game for a year or so and came back. I only have one Eidur on 19.0, with all the funky Icelandic characters in his name.

image.thumb.png.2bf2e8ff349f06ec499f5c85b87ce0db.png

The faces are...complicated. Because there were some deleted entries in one of the player files I threw in, I think that after a certain point (maybe around scotland/netherlands 2?) the ID numbers the game shows are now 8 ahead of the ID numbers the editor shows. It's a mess. I don't think I actually renamed any of the pngs, since that's a whole thing in itself, but if you had it working better with another picture set I think you should just delete everything after 1915...whatever and paste in one of the old ones.

edit: cross-promotion special lmao

J4u546s.gif

Edited by Ruh Roh

just a small request could you do or tell us a list of the leagues completed till now ?

i would like to contribute & see if i could add more leagues to the game...by carrying on from where you stopped.

i would love also to add the missing staff members or if you can tell me an easy way so not to duplicate them :)

Edited by Cavenaghi99

8 hours ago, Cavenaghi99 said:

just a small request could you do or tell us a list of the leagues completed till now ?

i would like to contribute & see if i could add more leagues to the game...by carrying on from where you stopped.

i would love also to add the missing staff members or if you can tell me an easy way so not to duplicate them :)

Steam workshop keeps eating the description I wrote/reverting it to...March? and I'm somehow too disorganized to save a document file somewhere. But the leagues I have done are:

Top four divisions: England

Top three divisions: France

Top two divisions: Brazil
Germany
Italy
Japan
Netherlands
Scotland
Spain

Top division only: Argentina
Belgium
Croatia
Denmark
Greece
Korea
Mexico
Portugal
Russia
Serbia
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
USA

I think the best way to cross-check it with what I've done is to load my last save. Most of the leagues outside of this list really aren't that full, maybe 30ish players. I just finished adding top players from top clubs in smaller countries (Ferencvaros, CSKA Sofia etc), so if you play against them in Europe they aren't all grey players.

Edited by Ruh Roh

9 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

image.thumb.png.a15c5abd74731636e098e2decc138fd6.png

Norwegian first division is up - Tippeligaen or whatever they called it back then. I'm not waiting 2 hours to start a new save just to change the name lmao

Save game with norway: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iIwMCljiQ8WYuAWpJbBYp0B_rknezXEA/
Faces with norway: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qAhSgUpahoM3cjI08AkTWRKkFKCRaRth/

Amazing work mate.... can't Express how grateful I am.

Got a quick question...are you able to convert files to excel supported ones or xml format ??

Or you keep editing through the football manager editor ??? As its very slow when editing and moving through tabs

Also would you kindly put the database file whenever you update a save ?? I would love to carry on from where you stop

Edited by Cavenaghi99

On 05/10/2020 at 19:13, Cavenaghi99 said:

Amazing work mate.... can't Express how grateful I am.

Got a quick question...are you able to convert files to excel supported ones or xml format ??

Or you keep editing through the football manager editor ??? As its very slow when editing and moving through tabs

Also would you kindly put the database file whenever you update a save ?? I would love to carry on from where you stop

The only thing I've successfully used XML editing for is moving the birth years forward, because there's both no other way to do it and I found out it's super easy in XML. Everything else is just me talking ****/hypothesizing in this thread so I can look at it later and remember I had an idea.

Most of my changes are just adding players and making the thing bigger (and slower lmao), so I'll do that on a brand new file, finish it up eventually, load the big file and merge the small one using the "merge editor data" tab. 

I think the editor might run differently on different machines because I never have a problem with it [b]when i'm working on a newer/smaller file[/b], but when i'm working on this big file it's just as bad as you say. It's very slow to make individual changes. There are a few leagues (I think MLS and maybe Brazil) where I forgot to set personalities for players, the clubs' favored personnel is all goofy outside of England and I think Scotland, there are some players with zeroed out stats in CM03-04 that I can just use their stats from FM08 and make them a little faster/dumber to kind of deage them. But all of those things are way too slow for me to mess with as long as the editor runs like it does.

This is the only thread on the bugs forum I've seen about the editor performance: 

I'm not really expecting them to optimize it for this kind of thing (not that many people actually use the editor, and even fewer of the people who use it are interested in making/working on 25 megabyte fmf files), but I would at least like to see the game startup times brought down to something sensible. 

I just added the Chinese Super League, so we're up to 4 leagues in Asia (China, K-League, J1, J2). Chinese club finances are pretty strange in FM, because it looks like very little of the money is actually tied to the league, it's all in the different clubs' yearly sponsorship incomes. I have it set up so the wages on offer and the sponsorship incomes are lower, so they'll still sign good foreigners but almost never global superstars. At the same time I'm not actually that sure what the baseline is for AI China behavior, especially with the league running; I know MLS doesn't flash the cash as much as it should, but that probably has more to do with the complicated rules. And Shenzhen still got prime Joe Cole, so hey, good for them.

image.png.bdc76a299975e9b1fb1e6dd5c9cd2290.png

image.thumb.png.453f885d6c2f784ac32c72ce619f87af.png

FMF with China: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18U1TTwhMWZiq9lu18EN7arquIqE7SeFJ

Day one save with China: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lAzcxh1Z-j3EnEDpDOH3L2evNW_7uQM0

Faces with China: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z27wiI4DC6BajVCL3TYzJQz0F1c4ftWv

Also this is a huge ask but if anyone reading this is Chinese and can get my stuff up on Baidu I'd be very happy. I think google drive is blocked there. But the guys on playgm.cc like my regen faces so they're clearly men of discerning taste

7 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

The only thing I've successfully used XML editing for is moving the birth years forward, because there's both no other way to do it and I found out it's super easy in XML. Everything else is just me talking ****/hypothesizing in this thread so I can look at it later and remember I had an idea.

Most of my changes are just adding players and making the thing bigger (and slower lmao), so I'll do that on a brand new file, finish it up eventually, load the big file and merge the small one using the "merge editor data" tab. 

I think the editor might run differently on different machines because I never have a problem with it [b]when i'm working on a newer/smaller file[/b], but when i'm working on this big file it's just as bad as you say. It's very slow to make individual changes. There are a few leagues (I think MLS and maybe Brazil) where I forgot to set personalities for players, the clubs' favored personnel is all goofy outside of England and I think Scotland, there are some players with zeroed out stats in CM03-04 that I can just use their stats from FM08 and make them a little faster/dumber to kind of deage them. But all of those things are way too slow for me to mess with as long as the editor runs like it does.

This is the only thread on the bugs forum I've seen about the editor performance: 

I'm not really expecting them to optimize it for this kind of thing (not that many people actually use the editor, and even fewer of the people who use it are interested in making/working on 25 megabyte fmf files), but I would at least like to see the game startup times brought down to something sensible. 

I just added the Chinese Super League, so we're up to 4 leagues in Asia (China, K-League, J1, J2). Chinese club finances are pretty strange in FM, because it looks like very little of the money is actually tied to the league, it's all in the different clubs' yearly sponsorship incomes. I have it set up so the wages on offer and the sponsorship incomes are lower, so they'll still sign good foreigners but almost never global superstars. At the same time I'm not actually that sure what the baseline is for AI China behavior, especially with the league running; I know MLS doesn't flash the cash as much as it should, but that probably has more to do with the complicated rules. And Shenzhen still got prime Joe Cole, so hey, good for them.

image.png.bdc76a299975e9b1fb1e6dd5c9cd2290.png

image.thumb.png.453f885d6c2f784ac32c72ce619f87af.png

FMF with China: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18U1TTwhMWZiq9lu18EN7arquIqE7SeFJ

Day one save with China: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lAzcxh1Z-j3EnEDpDOH3L2evNW_7uQM0

Faces with China: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z27wiI4DC6BajVCL3TYzJQz0F1c4ftWv

Also this is a huge ask but if anyone reading this is Chinese and can get my stuff up on Baidu I'd be very happy. I think google drive is blocked there. But the guys on playgm.cc like my regen faces so they're clearly men of discerning taste

Thanks alot for that mate...would it be possible to add the Egyptian league ?!!

11 hours ago, miguel117 said:

Hello, I have worked on the db 03 04 of the FM19. I have corrected thousands of CA and PA of players, wonderkids ... Is there a way to merge this DB to yours from the FM20?

Unfortunately with the way the editor works I can't merge two full databases, it'll probably create thousands of duplicate player entries. I wish there was a way to just isolate out a bunch of players from a file - I have someone else in here a long while back who worked on the FM19 database with a lot of his own changes to the Spanish lower leagues, the same way I added the eredivisie, the turkish super lig and whatever else I did at first - but if I wanted his stuff in my new file I'd probably have to add it all manually. Basically the same thing I just did with China and Norway but with much, much more checking to make sure I'm not adding duplicate players.

On 12/10/2020 at 23:29, Cavenaghi99 said:

Thanks alot for that mate...would it be possible to add the Egyptian league ?!!

I'd probably do it if the standard of research they had for Egypt wasn't so bad. Like even a lot of the big players at Al-Ahly and Zamalek have zeroed out stats or something close to that. That's not just in 03-04, it's in 2008 which I use as a helper. This site looks really comprehensive for the squads, but if I don't have any context for what kind of player Mohamed Homos was when he was a national team player who played 800 games for his club, obviously I don't know anything about the lesser players.

8 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Unfortunately with the way the editor works I can't merge two full databases, it'll probably create thousands of duplicate player entries. I wish there was a way to just isolate out a bunch of players from a file - I have someone else in here a long while back who worked on the FM19 database with a lot of his own changes to the Spanish lower leagues, the same way I added the eredivisie, the turkish super lig and whatever else I did at first - but if I wanted his stuff in my new file I'd probably have to add it all manually. Basically the same thing I just did with China and Norway but with much, much more checking to make sure I'm not adding duplicate players.

I'd probably do it if the standard of research they had for Egypt wasn't so bad. Like even a lot of the big players at Al-Ahly and Zamalek have zeroed out stats or something close to that. That's not just in 03-04, it's in 2008 which I use as a helper. This site looks really comprehensive for the squads, but if I don't have any context for what kind of player Mohamed Homos was when he was a national team player who played 800 games for his club, obviously I don't know anything about the lesser players.

I worked on that DB, of lower categories in Spain. But I have dedicated myself to that, adjusting CA, AP, attributes, positions, if a player is left-handed or right-handed, ... I can send it to you if it would help you.

8 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Hi Thanks for replying,

however can't you at least add the egyptian players from the big teams even with zero stats as per the editor & the game will give them stats automatically ?

i would appreciate that also if you want me to assist in that i can do.

On 16/10/2020 at 05:03, Cavenaghi99 said:

Hi Thanks for replying,

however can't you at least add the egyptian players from the big teams even with zero stats as per the editor & the game will give them stats automatically ?

i would appreciate that also if you want me to assist in that i can do.

I actually started up with Egypt this weekend, I think I'm like 6/14 teams in (zamalek, ismaily, ittihad, enppi, masry, haras) and it's going better than I thought it would. Between the three old versions of the game I have (CM03/04, FM08, FM11) there's SI data for almost all the big players - how good that data is, who knows, but that's the same with all this stuff. I'm a younger American guy and my knowledge of players outside of MLS/England is really very low. And there's only so much that clumsy Google Translate search for articles about the players can help - sometimes it's actually pretty good. But I spent five minutes bugging out thinking Tarek El Sayed (Zamalek LB born October 1978) and Tarek El Said (Zamelek AML born April 1978) had to be the same person, for a window into how big my brain is.

image.png.aa15171ef4e440cadc4670d298b9fb02.png

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 18/10/2020 at 07:18, Ruh Roh said:

I actually started up with Egypt this weekend, I think I'm like 6/14 teams in (zamalek, ismaily, ittihad, enppi, masry, haras) and it's going better than I thought it would. Between the three old versions of the game I have (CM03/04, FM08, FM11) there's SI data for almost all the big players - how good that data is, who knows, but that's the same with all this stuff. I'm a younger American guy and my knowledge of players outside of MLS/England is really very low. And there's only so much that clumsy Google Translate search for articles about the players can help - sometimes it's actually pretty good. But I spent five minutes bugging out thinking Tarek El Sayed (Zamalek LB born October 1978) and Tarek El Said (Zamelek AML born April 1978) had to be the same person, for a window into how big my brain is.

Hahahahahaha...well in Egypt they also get confused so you're ok don't worry 😄... thanks alot mate for all that amazing work... can't wait for the next release

Edited by Cavenaghi99

On 18/10/2020 at 02:49, Cavenaghi99 said:

Hahahahahaha...well in Egypt they also get confused so you're ok don't worry 😄... thanks alot mate for all that amazing work... can't wait for the next release

image.png.6f87db0446cc91424d79f47593cee2fc.png

image.png.add0b63b19ecdaf7a1256f5934816854.png

Let's gooooooo

There are some things I see as problems for long-term play (the game still absolutely hates creating regens for other African clubs after the first year, and finances were a bit tricky) but I'm happy with how the players came out. Maybe I'll make some of the top players at big African Champions League clubs later, pretty much the same thing I did with clubs in Czech, Hungary etc.

The Arab Club Champions Cup sounds like a fun comp but it's not in the game, I guess because none of the leagues are licensed? I think it would probably work if you tried to start a game with this database + someone else's file.

Big FMF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVmRUAlGxdzRJMsRJSyAoDxNtImjVkhT/

Save game with all leagues: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1glDws7xLGGsWUijt-56PzJcdqHHDSkCb/

Player faces: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tZGbtd40KOzA_A-Je8yt_h4SI8xlCbGE/

Separate FMF with Egyptian league: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p1U-NcVz3UE9H9dzLKZEQfYbNqUB2cHA

The last file is in basic rules; if you want to make a tweak to club reps, prize money, transfer values/wages for Egyptian players it should all be here without having to open the big slow file.

On 23/10/2020 at 20:09, Ruh Roh said:

image.png.6f87db0446cc91424d79f47593cee2fc.png

image.png.add0b63b19ecdaf7a1256f5934816854.png

Let's gooooooo

There are some things I see as problems for long-term play (the game still absolutely hates creating regens for other African clubs after the first year, and finances were a bit tricky) but I'm happy with how the players came out. Maybe I'll make some of the top players at big African Champions League clubs later, pretty much the same thing I did with clubs in Czech, Hungary etc.

The Arab Club Champions Cup sounds like a fun comp but it's not in the game, I guess because none of the leagues are licensed? I think it would probably work if you tried to start a game with this database + someone else's file.

Big FMF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVmRUAlGxdzRJMsRJSyAoDxNtImjVkhT/

Save game with all leagues: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1glDws7xLGGsWUijt-56PzJcdqHHDSkCb/

Player faces: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tZGbtd40KOzA_A-Je8yt_h4SI8xlCbGE/

Separate FMF with Egyptian league: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p1U-NcVz3UE9H9dzLKZEQfYbNqUB2cHA

The last file is in basic rules; if you want to make a tweak to club reps, prize money, transfer values/wages for Egyptian players it should all be here without having to open the big slow file.

Thank you mate... that's amazing I'll play that today 🤤  .,.... I tried to start a new career with the file you placed but something seems wrong as not all countries can be loaded to the game plus egypt and japan are not there...tried more than once woth only the file selected

Edited by Cavenaghi99

• 3 weeks later...

hello @Ruh Roh

i am new here and i saw your patch and i am really adicted with

but i found multipe FMF files and facepacks here and i don't know which facepack should i download and have all pictures included

also another question , do you have a kit pack for your patch? if yes can you share the link here

thanks a lot buddy and please keep it up

4 hours ago, ahmedraul777 said:

hello @Ruh Roh

i am new here and i saw your patch and i am really adicted with

but i found multipe FMF files and facepacks here and i don't know which facepack should i download and have all pictures included

also another question , do you have a kit pack for your patch? if yes can you share the link here

thanks a lot buddy and please keep it up

1) Download the newest facepack for player faces from all the leagues, it has everything -  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tZGbtd40KOzA_A-Je8yt_h4SI8xlCbGE/

2) Don't bother with the .fmf files, it takes a ridiculous amount of time to start a new game. I hope they fixed it for FM21 but who knows.

3) Download the newest save game file and put it in the folder with all your other saves (windows default: documents/si/fm20/games) -  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1glDws7xLGGsWUijt-56PzJcdqHHDSkCb/

I don't have a kit pack for this but it probably isn't too hard to find "retro kits," especially for the big clubs, even if it's not exactly the right year/sponsor.

hello @Ruh Roh

thanks so much for illustration

indeed i downloaded the latest facepack but alot of famous players are missing such as (maldini-nesta-cafu-dida-inzaghi-...ETC)

i already searched for thier IDs on the folder but i didn't find therir faces even they should be there as per the config file

i guess it's working fine with if your facepack is combined with another old pictures or something

can u check this and assist me by uploading your "faces" foler if possible to have the same files?

thanks a lot and much appreciated

9 hours ago, ahmedraul777 said:

hello @Ruh Roh

thanks so much for illustration

indeed i downloaded the latest facepack but alot of famous players are missing such as (maldini-nesta-cafu-dida-inzaghi-...ETC)

i already searched for thier IDs on the folder but i didn't find therir faces even they should be there as per the config file

i guess it's working fine with if your facepack is combined with another old pictures or something

can u check this and assist me by uploading your "faces" foler if possible to have the same files?

thanks a lot and much appreciated

You got it - I combine my facepack with the giant sortitoutsi facepack. So in all those links I post, the only players there are the players I created with brand new ID numbers. Maldini, Nesta etc. aren't in my facepacks because they're still in the FM20 database. Unfortunately the sortitoutsi facepack is 18 gigs or something, but it would be very difficult for me to go team by team and find everyone.

21 hours ago, ahmedraul777 said:

@Ruh Roh

so should i cpy and paste your pack with sortit pack on the same foler?

if both packs should be merged into 1 folder which config file should i use (yours or sotit) ?

Everything in the same faces folder, and use my config file instead of theirs, yeah.

On 18/11/2020 at 14:09, miguel117 said:

Do you have any project for FM 21? how to adapt the database 06 07 of the mad scientist for fm 21?

I will port 03-04 to FM21 but I don't know how long it will take. I'd say after Christmas. Maybe earlier if the editor is faster this year.

This stuff is not actually difficult to do, it's just tedious. I think I gave my outline here. The FM editor doesn't let you mass edit birth years, so you have to convert the 06-07 file to an xml and find+replace the birth years, moving them one year forward (2006-->2007, 2005-->2006, and so on, and so on)