[Suggestion] Stadiums with running tracks, and better representation of small stadiums

autohoratio

Some more fleshed-out ideas for how I think an overhaul of stadium models could work:

• A stadium editor (or a section for it in the pre-game editor), not to replicate detailed architecture of a specific stadium but to get the general shape, layout and setting reasonably accurate
  • Dropdown menu for "Basic Stadium Shape" – Rectangle (straight sides, with either a bevel where the corners meet or octagonal external shape), Rounded Rectangle (as before but rounded corner stands), Bowl Rectangle (or "Squircle"/Lamé curve, slightly curved sideline/endline stands, similar to Emirates, Wanda Metripolitano or West Ham's stadium), Bowl (Ellipse outer shape but rectangular inner shape, e.g. University of Bolton Stadium), Capsule (typical layout for stadium with a running track - rectangle with two semicircles at either end), Ellipse (e.g. Rungrado 1st of May Stadium)
  • Tickbox for running track (and running track colour, typically brick red, royal blue (example) or green)
  • Stadium Setting - Park, Trees, High-density Urban, Low-density Urban, Residential, grass, etc.
  • Tickbox for each side (or a stadium graphic with clickable sections to enable/disable that section), each corner (e.g. Side 1, Side 2, End 1, End 2 / Corner 1, Corner 2, Corner 3, Corner 4) and for running track. For example, Side 1 and Side 2 ticked but all others unticked for a stadium like Braga's, untick one End for a stadium like Oxford United, tick only Sides and Ends for no corners, tick only one Side (optionally tick Corner 1 and 4 as well which would be connected to it) for a stadium with just a single stand. Perhaps even an extra option for "Fill Empty Sections With" which, instead of the single story buildings, picnic benches and giant TV screens that are currently in empty corners, could place trees in a stadium with Trees/Park setting, apartment/office blocks in empty corners of a High-density Urban stadium (e.g. Vicarage Road or Leyton Orient's Brisbane Road)
  • Options for Stand Size - I think entering a percentage of capacity (rounded to the nearest 5% or 2.5%) for each Side/End/Corner would be the best way to achieve this, so for instance S1 35%, E1 10%, S2 25% E2 10%, all C 5% (for a total of 100%)
  • Tickbox for Single Tier Only - If the stadium is large enough for multiple tiers to be generated by default, ticking this would keep a specific stand/corner as just one tier (e.g. Anfield Kop or Spurs' new stadium)
  • Roof options - e.g. Full, Partial, None
  • Seating colour selection and options for terracing/safe standing
  • Pitchside floor colour (for the artificial turf at the edge of the pitch, or other surfaces like rubber/painted concrete in some stadiums. For example, bright/medium green for an athletics stadium (example) or brick red to match the running track, grass green to emulate the pitch colour, or club colour for stadiums like West Ham)
  • Sideline tunnel or Corner tunnel option
  • A stadium with a small current capacity but large expansion capacity set in the database could have external buildings further away from the stadium in the match engine, although I'm not sure whether this is possible with how stadiums are currently implemented
  • If the a club with a stadium with a running track decides to expand, the expansion could build a new stand on top of the running track or convert from a Capsule shape to rectangle (similar to some Italian stadiums recently, like Atalanta), or like Man City build inwards and lower the pitch level

As always I understand that some of my suggestions might not be possible for technical reasons or otherwise, but I appreciate any of this being taken into consideration. :) 

Edited by autohoratio
added another example

I like this idea alot of the lower level grounds in England are very basic with a small roof over a few steps behind a goal, it seems that in game this is represented as a large terrace with a roof

Image result for larkhall fc

This is an example of a non league ground in England literally no stands but just a rail around the pitch (it is Larkhall Athletic) a small tin covered area far side floodlight pylons along the side of the pitch.  Often grounds at these lower levels are a mix of a small seated stand maybe on the halfway line and then flanked by a stepped uncovered terrace either side maybe one side has a flat roof.  Having an option also for a video screen in the ground would also be useful as very few clubs lower than the Championship have them (in League 2 I know Cheltenham and Northampton have them in corners but Swindon Town dont instead they have a large black LED scoreboard above a stand.

Running tracks around the ground would also be very good as I know Barry Town United and Cwmbran Town in the Welsh league play at grounds with running tracks more common I think on the continent though but should defiantly be something that should be brought in 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In order to avoid any misunderstanding, I come back here to clarify that we are not asking for the addition of the stadiums that you see in these videos but this should serve as inspiration models , for power League stadium 

Edited by destmez