Flexion 2008 skin works fine into 2009 !

drswit

Hello, after a few (game) days using the Flexion 2008 skin (not Flex) into 2009, it seems working fine.

If you wanna try yourself, just copy and paste both flexion left and right folders into your fm2009 skins folder, then open flexion2008.xml (and flexion2008_right.xml for right version) into notepad or equivalent then edit this line :

from

<string id="required_version" value="8.0.0" />

to

<string id="required_version" value="9.0.0" />

then save and that's all folks ;)

Note that some graphical shortcuts (those into header) does not work for me, ie. shortcut to tactic screen etc..

Otherwise all seems fine.

Pascal.

flex091.jpg

flex092.jpg

flex093.jpg

The skin might load up okay... but certain screen may not display the information correctly.. as in your first screen shoot look at the new feature of the last 5 games played.. the bars a all in black..

So its not recommended to use 2008 skin on 2009 unless its been fixed for 2009.

The skin might load up okay... but certain screen may not display the information correctly.. as in your first screen shoot look at the new feature of the last 5 games played.. the bars a all in black..

So its not recommended to use 2008 skin on 2009 unless its been fixed for 2009.

Maybe it's not recommended (by who? ;)), but excepted a few minor bugs, it works fine and ie. displays correctly the new manager profile screen. So, waiting on the 2009 fix, i (we) can finally play and enjoy fm2009...

Maybe it's not recommended (by who? ;)), but excepted a few minor bugs, it works fine and ie. displays correctly the new manager profile screen. So, waiting on the 2009 fix, i (we) can finally play and enjoy fm2009...

... drswit, read this :

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=48944 ,

at the end of the thread, SmurfDude (the creator of flex08 :thup: :thup:) talks about 09 version... I think it's better wait for some days, don't you ;) ?

• 2 months later...

After now a few months playing using Flexion skin, i can say it works perfectly. No crashes, no probs, all's fine, excepted that the name of main affiliated clubs is transparent so it does not appears in most screens.

So for those who prefers the REAL Flexion skin (instead of Flex '09 which is imo not as good), you can use it with confidence ;)

Download it there : http://www.frenchtouch.org/staff/ressources/skin/Flexion%20%28FM2008%29.zip

Whilst it may appear that an FM08 skin may work with FM09, it will not work correctly - any new/changed code in FM09 will not display correctly with an Fm08 skin (at best it will use fm09 graphics at worst it will crash the game).

It is seriously not recommended to run FM09 with a skin made for FM08 (that hasn't been updated), though if you really want to use an FM08 skin then thats upto you but you have been warned.

Archived