More fun

sergiobamos

I’m a long term player of these games (20+ years). In recent times I’ve been playing the touch version as I now have kids. Although I do still dip into the full game from time to time.

In the last few weeks I’ve been playing the old champ manager 01/02 game. One glaring difference for me is how fun and enjoyable the old champ manager is, compared to the recent FM games.

The biggest one for me is the fact that a 16 year old from millwall, or an unknown swede develop into the best players in the game. There’s about 50 players (most of who’m went onto have very basic careers in real life) who are legends in this game. 

Sometimes, you get a striker with 10 finishing, who manages to score 35 goals in a season. Or you keep a clean sheet against Bayern Munich, with a reserve goalie, and a 16 year old CB.

Dare I say it, FM (in my opinion), is too realistic.

So maybe the touch version could include some of this unrealistic gameplay and make the game more fun. 

I feel FM Touch should be aimed at more arcade management style users. It should include features like developing training, stadium and youth facilities RPG style (it would give more reason to save money), but the biggest thing I would do would be remake some of the old seasons like 01/02. People would be all over this, I can never understand why SI wouldn't do this. They can remake old seasons and sell for an extra £10-£15 a pop. Would make a fortune,

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2019 at 12:57, lovenkrands01 said:

I feel FM Touch should be aimed at more arcade management style users. It should include features like developing training, stadium and youth facilities RPG style (it would give more reason to save money), but the biggest thing I would do would be remake some of the old seasons like 01/02. People would be all over this, I can never understand why SI wouldn't do this. They can remake old seasons and sell for an extra £10-£15 a pop. Would make a fortune,

I would love the idea, but they can't due to licensing issues.

• 7 months later...

Can never understand why people want to go backwards, FMT20 is the best there has been as far as I am concerned. I am too old to devote time to the full fat FM20, so have played and enjoyed FMM for the last few years instead. Lockdown got me into FMT and it is great. I would like to be able to maybe do a bit more in training, but glad whole thing isn't done to player chats, team talk etc, that's what Full fat FM20is for. FMT , ts about tactics and transfers, which is great.

I just finished a save where I managed in Singapore for 12 seasons and it is the most enjoyable save I have done.

• 1 month later...

I have a question. Is fm 2020 better to play then fm 2019?  I sometimes really hate the game because you can play fantasic, game after game, creating a lot of chanses and your opponent has one shot on goal and they win... And then game after game after game... Is this still in there? It feels so unfair... 

Also, is it still so easy to win european cups? for some reason in fm 2019, winning against international top is easier then winning  against yhe number 18 of your leugue. It feels so unrealistic.

• 9 months later...