Match analysis

Does anybody use the match analysis tab to see how the game is going?

image.thumb.png.0fa7d21418dbc0b43422642d2c7383b7.png

This is an area that I have never really utilised, but I'd like to be able to interpret the stats and understand where things are going well, or going wrong.

Does anyone have any advice for using the analysis tab? Most useful stats, for instance.

Thanks in advance.

I quite like looking at the average positions - I tend to have a look at 15, 30 and 45 minutes of each half.  I look for pockets of space, or you can see if defensively the opposition are overcommitting to one side of the pitch.

Yes, I do - I assume you mean in-match (i use it pre- & post-match as well sometimes)

As @duesouth says can be useful to see pockets of space or defensive shape. 

I don't tend to use all of its features I look at the opponents passing particularly - Passing Combinations shows me the partnerships they have. Defender to MC or MC to Striker can tell me a lot about how they play in the build-up, so I can plan to nullify. 

I look at their set-pieces, corners especially, a=to see if there is a pattern in the delivery - I sometimes re-position my best headers in the corner routine to counter. A glance at the throw-ins to check there's no long=-throw used. Where to they tend to deliver free kicks?

Key passes and goals are also checked. You have the option to 'Show linked events' as well, which displays the handful of passes that leads to the chance - so you can see if there are patterns in there play.

In-game I do the same if we are struggling - well down on possession I can see where they are holding the ball, does it match the passing combination I saw pre-match? Have they adjusted? Where they are losing possession or missing tackles and put pressure on that area. Usually around the 15-20min, half time and 20 mins into 2nd half if I feel I need to adjust things.

Post-match I can analyse the same areas for my own team - can be useful to see patterns of play that may be the root cause for a poor run, or to show what is working well in your tactic. If you tweaked things to improve possession, is it working? Where on the field are you keeping the ball better, where are you losing it?

I can be a very useful tool, but also a real time-drain. I tend to use it when I am facing a stronger team or an equal rep team. Less so against an 'easier' opponent. 

23 minutes ago, Snorks said:

I don't tend to use all of its features I look at the opponents passing particularly - Passing Combinations shows me the partnerships they have. Defender to MC or MC to Striker can tell me a lot about how they play in the build-up, so I can plan to nullify. 

What would you do to nullify their favoured passing combinations? Close down/specifically mark those players?

9 hours ago, ryandormer said:

What would you do to nullify their favoured passing combinations? Close down/specifically mark those players?

Exactly. 

It gives me a couple of players to look into - how I try and nullify them depends on the player strengths/weaknesses but essentially, yeah. CLose down or Mark tighter in the OIs. It might just be a 'keep my eye on those players' for the first 15-20mins.

Archived