How can I win more against weaker teams

You are sitting comfortably at the top of the league, and undefeated at that, and you are asking for tactical advice just because of a few draws??? I mean, people can tell you what each of us would possibly change in your tactic based on our respective preferences/approaches , but what's the point of that in the first place? What if you change the tactic based on our suggestions, start winning (instead of drawing) against these weaker teams, but at the same time your results against others get worse, including defeats?

27 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

You are sitting comfortably at the top of the league, and undefeated at that, and you are asking for tactical advice just because of a few draws??? I mean, people can tell you what each of us would possibly change in your tactic based on our respective preferences/approaches , but what's the point of that in the first place? What if you change the tactic based on our suggestions, start winning (instead of drawing) against these weaker teams, but at the same time your results against others get worse, including defeats?

7 draw I a lot. What I need is formation that I can win against weaker team and still own the ball. 

Then it would be perfect. One style against weaker teams and this one against better 

7 minutes ago, kingking said:

image.thumb.png.ceb38c3e7ddc11f6b32fa84de1b0cd5c.png

You need to use your Wing-Backs to open Space.

You need your CAM, ST AND AML on (attack)

You need to go wide and rely on crosses because you cant exploit them through the middle

Thanks! 

Will you still dominate the game? 

23 minutes ago, Nima2708 said:

Thanks! 

Will you still dominate the game? 

Yeah To help contain more possession and  Dominate the Game use these setting 

• Hold Space - to avoid losing the ball often
  • Goalkeeper should Pass to your full-backs and centre-backs - to maintain possession and not lose the ball

image.thumb.png.96732dda42dc93d97ecb88b52017d8f7.png

To break down weaker teams that park the bus always remember

• This only works against weaker teams that park the bus. Make sure the team is actually playing defensively and parking the bus (they normally use 2 CDM or use a  4-4-2)
  • 2 Players that stay up the field. You need attacking 2 players to always stay up... to receive the crosses  (use 2 strikers, or 1 ST and 1 CAM)
  • Good Attacking Wing-Backs. You NEED your wingbacks to ATTACK and create Width to cross to your strikers 
  • High Tempo & Standard or slightly Direct passing directness. You need to play attacking football that is high tempo with a standard or slightly direct passing style 

image.thumb.png.e57caa2d6537bc0780eb6d88a371bdfa.png

You can also try this formation to break down weaker teams .. THAT PARK THE BUS.

image.thumb.png.8630418b74b07d68181bb5918ab51517.png

1 hour ago, Nima2708 said:

7 draw I a lot. What I need is formation that I can win against weaker team and still own the ball. 

And despite of that, your record is still better than Pep's this season - you are undefeated, whereas he suffered 4 defeats, 3 of which were against much weaker sides than City :D

But if you nevertheless want advice, I'll tell you what I would do first:

- remove both narrow att width and focus through the middle, because weaker teams logically look to pack the central areas when defending against top sides, so why would you insist on attacking them exactly where they tend to leave the least space?!?

- remove (or at least more selectively use) pass into space, because in this kind of matches there isn't going to be a lot of space, at least not in areas of the pitch where it could represent a meaningful threat to the opposition

- add the Be more expressive instruction to encourage more attack-minded players to use their creativity and flair a bit more in an attempt to break down those packed defences

- remove Prevent short GKD, but instead add opposition instructions Close down always and Tackle harder on their defenders and defensive midfielders (when they use them), to hopefully lure them into trying to build from the back and then suddenly apply maximum pressure while the ball is still in the most dangerous areas of their own half

So these were some suggestions in terms of team instructions. Apart from that, I have to admit that I personally would never ever use a tactic like yours, but that does not matter at all. Because this tactic obviously works great for you (i.e. your team), so keep it up :thup:

Archived