Personality’s

For me they are very important. More important than current ability. In many saves I have sold Suso or Hakan because those type of personalities are harder to contain. Pro personalities are much easier to manage. And aim should be to build team with similiar personalities so you can easily do team talk and so on. Personality is also important for player development.  I think if your team is not top team or rich you can pick better player with wirse personality but for richier clubs where you can attract players its beter to have ngood personality.

The short answer, yes, to a degree. The long answer...? Well, here goes. The personality is based on a few "hidden" values and one visible one. Professionalism, Determination, Ambition, Sportsmanship, Temperament and Loyalty. Based off of these values the personality is determined. Professionalism, Determination and Ambition are some of the main drivers for how players train and thereby improves their attributes. It also influences how players will conduct themselves in discussions with you as a manager and how much they demand from you.

It's the way of differentiate between players who train great and don't do much controversial and, well, Balotelli and his like.

Here is an unofficial guide I don't know to be correct, but might be:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613534077

It was a big turning point for me when I started paying attention to personalities, Determination was the first thing that I was told to pay more attention to and then I slowly learned about the Personalities and Media Handling Styles etc.

I probably take it way (way!) too far now and refuse players with personalities that would likely not cause me all that much trouble but I don't care, it works for me so I'm happy. The one caveat (and another good learning experience) is that in my current save I can only use players from my own youth academy and naturally some of those guys coming through are just the worst personality wise - surprisingly though a few of them have turned out to be my best players so hopefully it'll get me to ease up in future at least a little?

Hate self promotion but this may be useful too (something I wrote for a friend/to help others) if you're just getting into Personalities etc - the information is largely based on my opinion (so others may disagree - the balanced personality for instance is one that's often discussed in detail) so don't follow it as fact but it's what I adhere too;

TheBasics_Part2.thumb.png.6464d2ba079d875b8ccc22bf3c9876de.png

The rest of the sheets can be found via the link below if they're of any use/interest;

Archived