Football Manager 09 out now in Australia

what i find ridiculous about all this is that the official release date in Australia is the 13th of November, yet we have to wait for the 14th to actually play the game. i got my game today, KNOWING about the activation BS but i didnt expect to be having to wait till friday to play a game that was released on the thursday.

why dont you need to authenticate with a mac installation? Thats a disgrace

Cool down! It's only because currently the authentications systems being used are incompatible with Macs...it's something that'll be corrected over time. You do need to play with the disc in though - the "authentication" system for Macs is the same as it was last year.

None of it really makes a difference to pirating. There will still be many downloads and cracks available for it.

That may be true, but what this version has done is made people who REALLY want the game and are gonna pirate it, not wait a week or a month for it to be cracked properly and go out and buy it instead, others that will wait for a crack probably wouldnt have bought it anyway. Im guessing what the cracking groups are going to do is compare the unactivated version to the activated version and then work out a crack from there, so they themselves will be working from the time the game is activated rather than 2 weeks or a week before the game is released, like normally happens

Maybe I'm wrong but I believed the point of authentication was to fairly release the game at the same time to everyone, last year the date had to be moved forward due to stores illegally selling the game early.

The people who are hypothetically going to download a pirate version are no different to those downloadng a pirate version of any other game. I really don't see how it's 'justified' for FM09 but not for any other game.

Besides, those that download illegally will just get a ****ed up game and not the much less buggy final product, just like every year. And I'm not just referring to the bugs in the demo/unpatched game.

Archived