Lone striker advice

So currently this is my setup with Genoa in Serie A at the start of the game.  I'm looking for some advice on the striker role as a lone man up top.  The 3 strikers that i have on my team are all poacher/pressing forward types, but i'm wondering if i should play DLP on attack instead to make this setup most effective.  My concern is that since i'm not counter pressing, not sure if pressing forward is ideal up top.   Any other suggestions would be welcomed, and thank you.

screenshot1.png

This is very similar to the tactic I use and I couldn't find any luck with anything other than a CF-A. I had all sorts of setups tried out, with a DLF(S\A), PF(S\A), I think I even tried out a F9 and an AF-A at one point.

CF-A for some reason is the only striker role that I find being involved in attacks. He actually runs the channels and moves out wide here and there, he sometimes drops deep and becomes the provider to runners from deep, it's just the only role that I found plays like an actual lone striker. Couldn't tell you why - I"m very much aware with some of the ME bugs right now but I can't explain why a CF-A would do that but say a DLF-A or PF-A wouldn't, especially when you start tinkering with their PI's. What I can say is, and this is common wisdom at this point until they release a ME patch, is generally avoid support duty strikers. Even though I didn't really get a lot of joy out of DLF-A or PF-A, they were much better than the utter mess that the support duties were.

Archived