Hello everybody! I purchased the in-game editor today from steam and I decided to run some Football Manager 2019 experiments using either the pre-game editor or the in-game editor. I have a list of experiments to do already but everybody is free to suggest experiments for me to do and I will add them to the list!! Some experiments will be only a few months or a season long, while others may last several years.

LIST OF EXPERIMENTS (Strikethrough indicates completed)

1. Eddie Howe to Manchester United (2-3 year simulation)
  2. Created 200 PA, 16 year old player at Partizan Belgrade (15 year simulation)
  3. Best player at each Prem club by CA becomes English (10 year simulation)
  4. Robert Lewandowski to Borussia Dortmund (5 year simulation)
  5. Current top 3 clubs in Championship moved to Premier League (1 year simulation) Note: The top 3 will be based on the table when I am doing this experiment
  6. Newcastle United given £500,000,000 transfer budget (5 year simulation)
  7. Move England U19 squad to Rotherham United (10-15 year simulation)

That's the list - I will edit the message as experiments are completed or added to the list. Updates will come either once or twice a season, depending on the length of the experiment.

EDDIE HOWE TO MANCHESTER UNITED: SEASON 1 UPDATE 1

Results | League Table | CL Group | EFL Cup | Transfers | B'mouth Results 

We've arrived in January 2019!

Overall, a great start for Eddie Howe's United. His first transfer window was fairly quiet with several players going out on loan and Suso being brought in from Serie A side AC Milan for a potential fee of £48m. Despite a couple of disappointing defeats to City and Arsenal, the Red Devils sit pretty at the top of the league. Their CL group was a breeze too, although a defeat at Stamford Bridge ended their EFL Cup hopes. A trip to Carrow Road to face Norwich City awaits Manchester United in the FA Cup.

Bournemouth started with a superb 3-1 victory at Wembley against Spurs but, despite some good spells of form and an EFL Cup run that ended versus Burnley, they have been largely average and sit in 11th. They are still within reach of 7th place though, with a crucial few months coming up.

Just now, nastymiller said:

Move the current English U19 squad to Rotherham United and give them a move to another club in say 20 years time meaning they don't get sold in their contratcs.

Be amazing to see what happens over the years :-)

Thank you for the suggestion, very nice idea! Will be added to the list :) 

EDDIE HOWE TO MANCHESTER UNITED: SEASON 1 UPDATE 2

Results 1 | Results 2 | League Table | Champions League | FA Cup | Transfers |

So, Manchester United were indeed able to build on that good start in 2018 and continue it all the way through the season. The league title was never in doubt - only 2 defeats all season - and the title was well and truly secured. The club experienced disappointment in the Quarter-Finals of the FA Cup with a 1-1 penalty defeat versus Everton, but that was all forgotten with a truly outstanding Champions League run. Monaco and Schalke were kicked to the curb before a double header against Italian clubs. United edged past Juventus over two legs before facing off against Napoli. A Pogba red card did nothing to help Napoli as summer signing Suso scored a wonderful goal to help the Red Devils secure a 2-0 win and the UCL trophy!

Transfers-wise, United were a lot busier in January!! Nearly £150m was spent on players such as Matuidi, Meunier, Gerard Moreno and Kieran Tierney, while a defensive clearout saw Darmian, Young, and Lindelof all depart on permanent deals and Dalot shipped off to Villarreal on loan. It'll be interesting to see who is added in the summer and whether these January signings can continue to perform.

NEXT TIME: I will simulate until January 1 2020 and see what Howe has done during the summer, and how his side have performed on the pitch as well. That update will come tomorrow, so I'll see you then!

Archived