Adding a custom language file to the game

fmFutbolManager

Hey guys,

I really want to rename a few of the staff roles, like the Director of Football and Head of Youth Development.

I've tried to do this by copying the example.ltf file, find and replace all instances and save as a new name, remembering to add the name of the file into the document, however, when I apply this language in game it doesn't update the staff roles.

What am I doing wrong?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, fmFutbolManager said:

Hey guys,

I really want to rename a few of the staff roles, like the Director of Football and Head of Youth Development.

I've tried to do this by copying the example.ltf file, find and replace all instances and save as a new name, remembering to add the name of the file into the document, however, when I apply this language in game it doesn't update the staff roles.

What am I doing wrong?

Not sure the example ltf is current and up to date. Have you tried using an ltf from the languages folder? 

• Administrators

Interesting. Only thing I can think of is that string isn't getting translated for some reason, so might not be anything to do with your file

44 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You might want to take a look at the US language file that changes some of the staff names, so it's possible there is more than one id that needs to be changed.

I did a find and replace and it said it changed about 170 mentions of Director of Football or something like that. I don’t know how to get the US file, I can only see the example file. 

3 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The default language files are within the shared fmf file.

Where might I find that?

I looked in the Football Manager 2019 > languages folder and only have example.ltf and config.xml files in there. I searched my computer for shared.fmf but couldn't find it, and also looked in my library in the steamapps and Sports Interactive folders but couldn't see it in there, either. Maybe I need to change the language to get the file generated? 

Archived