Using FM18 database on FM2012?

So I have been trawling the internet for DB updates for 2012, in my opinion the greatest FM ever, but seems to be nothing much available so I was thinking whether there is a way of importing newer FM DB into the game somehow?

I downloaded the latest transfer update for FM18 and the format in FMF and 12 uses DBC so can this be changed or converted somehow? It would be amazing to be able to simple change the DB format and use newer info and therefore all the graphics for players would work etc also.

Been playing CM01-02 recently and I found that fun but slightly lacking in depth nowadays, but the balance of FM2012 is my eyes was perfect!!

I'm pretty sure this is not possible.

That's the reason you can find third parts updated databases for older editions on the web for, I guess. If you don't, probably people stopped working on FM12.

8 minutes ago, Federico said:

I'm pretty sure this is not possible.

That's the reason you can find third parts updated databases for older editions on the web for, I guess. If you don't, probably people stopped working on FM12.

Yeah that seems to be the general feeling I am getting, just something I hoped might be achievable or whether SI could integrate into future databases, backwards compatibility even if it came at a cost!

4 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Yeah they are the ones I have also found, I find the missing histories and lack of player pictures annoying though, maybe I am too demanding :)

6 minutes ago, Federico said:

Missing histories is a huge work to implement, but I'm pretty sure you can find player pictures around.

Agreed, every player would have to have rewritten player histories which would be a nightmare!! Yeah player pictures would be easy to find but then you would have to write redo all the  config files as the player numbers are different from all the created ones in the edited Fm12 dbc.

• 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, sclifton90 said:

The link is no longer working, can someone send me the download or database please??? Many thanks in advance!

https://fm-base.co.uk/forums/transfer-updates-custom-leagues-editing.94/

You should be able to find it on their forum, @sclifton90