Leverkusen Season 4 - The False 9

2 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

These ridiculous, idiotic statements were your start point though.

We have proved there are roles that have BOTH selectable PIs that are also hard coded under the hood.

You haven't proven anything like that. 

The only thing you have proven is that you can insult me. Bravo!

@herne79 are insults allowed? Cause I can respond accordingly.

15 minutes ago, yonko said:

Cause there is no "drop deeper" instruction for any player. It's a specific behavior similar to Half-Back and SV roles, for example (all roles whose behavior is to move between the lines or shift lines). There are no instructions for every aspect of the role. That's why there is under the hood coding. Dribbling has never been part of it though.

Bottom line:

The F9 role has selectable option "dribble more". If one wants the player in the role to dribble more, the logical thing is to click the option. Especially since it was part of the role before. Or if you see that it doesn't dribble enough for one's liking.

I know.  Perhaps this is my fault for not explaining things clearly enough.

With regards to the F9, up until FM18 "Dribble More" was selected by default in the PIs.  The role itself, since it was created several years ago, has always had it selected and further was even based on real life examples of players who dribbled with the ball.  The description of the role in game even states "or leave him time and space to dribble or pick out a pass".  Because of all of that I can perfectly see the logic in asking the question, now that "Dribble more" is no longer one of the default PIs, on whether additional dribbling has been hardcoded under the hood.

Just because something is able to be selected as an optional PI doesn't necessarily mean there is no hard coding for it.  The SV(s) role - the other example being used - is an example of this.  There is something under the hood of the SV(s) role to help it go forward and there is an optional PI to get it forward even more.  From that perspective, softening your original assertion of a PI being selectable meaning a behaviour is not hardcoded, to something along the lines of generally this might be the case however there are exceptions would be more accurate.

I'm perfectly aware there is no "drop deeper" instruction for any player, that's not the point.  It was merely an attempt at a comparison based on your previous post - the SV(s) is hardcoded to get forward more and has a selectable PI to further encourage behaviour; a like for like comparison with the F9 - which has hardcoded behaviour to drop deep - would be if there existed a selectable PI to encourage it to drop even deeper.  Perhaps a somewhat laboured analogy but hopefully you see the point.

Finally, I've already asked for the nonsense to stop which I'm sorry to see is being ignored.  So let me be clear - stay on topic, stop bickering, don't point fingers, cut out the name calling.  If I have to ask again it'll come with an infraction.  This has been a really good thread to read so please continue in the same vein now.

8 hours ago, herne79 said:

I know.  Perhaps this is my fault for not explaining things clearly enough.

With regards to the F9, up until FM18 "Dribble More" was selected by default in the PIs.  The role itself, since it was created several years ago, has always had it selected and further was even based on real life examples of players who dribbled with the ball.  The description of the role in game even states "or leave him time and space to dribble or pick out a pass".  Because of all of that I can perfectly see the logic in asking the question, now that "Dribble more" is no longer one of the default PIs, on whether additional dribbling has been hardcoded under the hood.

Just because something is able to be selected as an optional PI doesn't necessarily mean there is no hard coding for it.  The SV(s) role - the other example being used - is an example of this.  There is something under the hood of the SV(s) role to help it go forward and there is an optional PI to get it forward even more.  From that perspective, softening your original assertion of a PI being selectable meaning a behaviour is not hardcoded, to something along the lines of generally this might be the case however there are exceptions would be more accurate.

I'm perfectly aware there is no "drop deeper" instruction for any player, that's not the point.  It was merely an attempt at a comparison based on your previous post - the SV(s) is hardcoded to get forward more and has a selectable PI to further encourage behaviour; a like for like comparison with the F9 - which has hardcoded behaviour to drop deep - would be if there existed a selectable PI to encourage it to drop even deeper.  Perhaps a somewhat laboured analogy but hopefully you see the point.

Finally, I've already asked for the nonsense to stop which I'm sorry to see is being ignored.  So let me be clear - stay on topic, stop bickering, don't point fingers, cut out the name calling.  If I have to ask again it'll come with an infraction.  This has been a really good thread to read so please continue in the same vein now.

I already pointed out the change about dribble more not being selected by default for the F9 role any longer.

The SV role by the essence of the role is a DM moving to CM and even AM when with Attacking duty or Support duty with Get Further Forward selected (as it's available). To me this is one of those roles, like F9, Libero, HB, etc., that has coding under the hood which allows movement up and down between the horizontal lines (stratas). So if one wants the SV to get into AM area (as opposed to just CM area, for example) without losing the defensive responsibility that comes with the support duty, then one would select Get Further Forward since it's available for selection with the Support Duty. It's not under the hood, it's on the instructions panel. It's visible. Just like for other roles on Support duty. 

Moreover, if it's an instruction available in the Instruction Panel, then it's not under the hood.....the instruction panel is the hood, if you know what I'm saying. That goes also for preselected default instructions for the role. If we can see the instructions, then it's on the hood, not under the hood. You know what I mean? Under the hood behavior is coding not available on the panel, basically.

So for me, it's simple - select the instruction if it's available and if you want the player to perform it - in this case, dribble more. 

7 hours ago, yonko said:

Moreover, if it's an instruction available in the Instruction Panel, then it's not under the hood.....the instruction panel is the hood, if you know what I'm saying. That goes also for preselected default instructions for the role. If we can see the instructions, then it's on the hood, not under the hood. You know what I mean? Under the hood behavior is coding not available on the panel, basically.

Sv-get further forward.... Its in the panel so cant be under the hood? Lol round and round and round

Seriously Herne like i said before its relentless please lock the thread or delete back and lock. I know its a pain but this will not stop... He isnt getting it

Im actually going to get banned for defending my sanity when you understand me perfectly well? 

Archived