[FM18] Taking Torino To The Top!

JD nawrat

The fairly dire financial situation hasn't improved - the board injected almost 12M in order to help but pre-arranged deals for Niang (which has since proven to be a good deal, in fairness) and Rincon have skelped our finances back down already and I have absolutely nothing to spend... my wage budget is way in the red (by a good 60k) and if I want to strengthen in any way whatsoever, it's going to take the sale of Belotti (89M release clause :thup:) or Ljajic (will look for 50M+). Which won't be ideal and I'm going to have to use their sale money to replace them and strengthen other areas... This season might just be about competing as best as possible, trying to secure CL again, and using the CL money we do win this season to strengthen going forward.

I hate how Serie A only gave me £4M for winning the league. It's criminal. Compare to the Bundesliga where the winners earn 90M. I'd be so financially healthy that I could conduct future business in instalments but right now that's not even an option because of the state of the wage structure. Yeeesh. Could be a hard, long season and I honestly wouldn't turn down the chance to go to Germany/England, or even to a more financially stable/competitive Italian team. Not usually how I play but wouldn't mind seeing the world :D

e: Season expectations have been set - I went for CL qualification (instead of EL), L16 of the CL (instead of Groups) and Final of the Coppa Italia (instead of QFs). This frees up a whopping 114k but still gives me zero budget. Will scour for frees before deciding what to do going forward. I've decided that I need to find a RB (first team or rotation), ST and CB. The CB needs to be top class; the other two less so.

3 hours ago, BJT said:

Amazing first season there! :)

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

That was a decent first season! :D Congratulations! 

Cheers guys!

Next season is going to be much tougher. Not got the resources I hoped the League title would bring. 

If I make the KOs of the CL and once again qualify for the CL this season I'll consider that a success... back to back titles isn't going to happen without wholesale defensive changes which I simply can't afford :thdn:

Still, it'll give young Kevin Bonifazi and Lyanco the chance to improve further. 

I couldn't afford to make N'Koulou's deal permanent at the time but I'm not too bothered by that. I'll loan someone for the season again if I have to :D

Last night I was kind of just smashing the space bar and trying to get through the Summer quickly as I expected it to be a long and slow one. I've decided to be pro-active though. With about 60 players (seriously :D) returning from loans from other clubs, I've decided this is a good opportunity to sell some players, make room for new additions and promote some younger players who have impressed elsewhere. I've also got some exciting news hopefully of a new signing, for real money! About £2M, but a signing all the same. Will reveal all later.

So first off, I found a bunch of players who are all easily sellable, even if for low amounts. All of my planned changes...

1. SELL: 29 year old Danilo Avelar. He's a LB, of which I am stacked. Should get 1-2M. 
  2. SELL: 24 year old Arlind Ajeti. A CB - something I need but he's not good enough, I've promoted youth and my hopeful signing is of a CB. Only about 500k here.
  3. SELL: Mirko Valdifiori, 32 years old now. I didn't really want to sell but he's on 25k p/w and he's almost finished completely. Move on while I can, promote youth, make a bit of money :thup: About 1.5M hopefully, plus freeing up that wage.
  4. SELL: Carlao, a 32 year old CB. From Brazil too. I need to sell him to free up my non-EU quota. Hoping to get a couple hundred thousand.
  5. RETRAIN: Cristian Ansaldi is my new RB back-up. He was already my back-up LB, and I have a few good young LBs, so Ansaldi can fill in at RB and with his either footedness it should be fine. 
  6. PROMOTE: Federico Giraudo, a young LB who spent last season on loan at Ligue 1 Amiens. Should be a good back-up to Barreca.
  7. PROMOTE: Simone Aurilleto, a very raw CB. He'll be 4th choice behind Bonifazi, Lyanco and hopefully a new signing.
  8. PROMOTE: Sasa Lukic. Not only a great name, but a very promising young Serbian u21 international. Plays DM and CM, will be useful as a rotation option. Contemplated selling him for a good fee but he looks promising.
  9. PROMOTE: Leonardo Candellone, a young LW. This means Niang is able to play back-up to Belotti more often and now Candellone will back-up Ljajic if he stays.
  10. SIGN: (hopefully) 20 year old Paraguayan CB Saul Salcedo. He's costing practically nothing so it'll be a good deal if we can pull it off, he looks very good too... probably be the best CB at the club (not saying much). 

I'm not really getting a real chance to prepare the squad for a Champions League assault, really. I'm putting a lot of faith in a bunch of players who I know need improving upon or lads the previous management thought not good enough to keep around for a mid-table finish...what hope do I have in the CL with them then? :D

6231d597235b574f530ee667c0612070.png

4ad3adcfe2a09b6292df817f3569b111.png

513a2650e7e6718dd5604fecef2eda5d.png

5f24d56f2f05235a64dc15a308be4a6e.png

Like a bunch of brand new signings! :D

I'm also contemplating trying to move Joel Obi on as I'm going to struggle to give him gametime in this midfield.

4be1ca3a9e8236780a55a6f94c69a7cc.png

Welcome new signing Saul Salcedo, who will wear the #3 shirt :thup:

2.5M, 25% of future profits to Olimpia of Paraguay. The media say I've over-spent and this huge fee has a risk of backfiring...okay :D Value immediately exceeding what I paid, but I overspent and it's a huge fee... hmmm. 

I've managed to offload all of the aforementioned players, meaning that although we've out-spent ourselves due to deals for Rincon and Niang, I've actually not overspent a penny with my business :thup: Trying my best to stabilise club finances here, I hope it works out for the long term and doesn't hurt us too much on the field. I'm really trying my best to not have to sell our best players, despite massive interest in Belotti, Ljajic, Sirigu and Falqué. 

12 minutes ago, john1 said:

Superb first season :cool: It's a shame you only got 4M for winning Serie A :eek: And finances are crippling badly. Any interest in Belotti?

Yeah, Serie A prize money is non-existent! I could be wrong but until a few years ago the prize money for the Champions was <1M :lol:

Yeah lots of interest, but no bids. Teams seem afraid :D He knows I'm not letting him go for anything less than his 89M clause and that's a foreign club clause - not selling him to anyone inside Italy. Notable teams eyeing him up include José at Utd, who watched about 10 games of him this season and repeatedly told the press he was a priority (no bids). Belotti himself came to me asking to move to Man City, which was when we agreed the 89M minimum offer I'd accept and he said that was fair and he owed the club this at least :thup: Also been interest from Monaco but again, no bids.

Archived