Total Football - Did Some Research, Created a Tactic

1 hour ago, fthy said:

fm 2019?

Sorry, fthy, I haven't revisited this one in awhile. I'd imagine you could tweak it for FM19 pretty easily though. You'd have to move the Libero up to the DC strata, and he'd still have to be in the middle, so I'd recommend someone in the DM strata on the right to compensate. But I think it could be done.

3 saat önce, Joey Numbaz said:

Sorry, fthy, I haven't revisited this one in awhile. I'd imagine you could tweak it for FM19 pretty easily though. You'd have to move the Libero up to the DC strata, and he'd still have to be in the middle, so I'd recommend someone in the DM strata on the right to compensate. But I think it could be done.

ready. good tactıc :)

1453369_10207270244500628_8744266703735536394_n.jpg

On 13.03.2018 at 19:36, Joey Numbaz said:

Hey guys, I've been working on this the last couple of days. This is my first shot here at going public with a tactic ... inspired a bit by @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!'s great threads. This will be more of a journey where I hope you'll help me refine it ... I don't have a 2021 Champions League victory picture to post here (yet).

My main resources are:

The phenomenal book on the history of tactics, "Inverting the Pyramid", specifically chapter 12 "Total Football"

https://timhi.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/aja-1973/

https://spielverlagerung.de/2016/12/14/tuerchen-14-ajax-internazionale-1972/ (which I translated in its entirety on Google Translate is there an English version out there somewhere?)

A few other things I found around the web and quick Wiki-type bios I read on the players.

@Rashidi's ideas for how to implement the high block are also put to use here. I strongly encourage you to subscribe to his Bust the Net YouTube channel and his Patreon page if you want great tactical ideas.

IMG_0061.thumb.png.c3dee3ba1d0c321d278d271f4630b734.png5aa7fc7bbc4ad_ScreenShot2018-03-13at12_29_17PM.thumb.png.01af8fad620216dabda0523d52af6b67.png line-ups-bayern-vs-ajax-731.thumb.png.417f9a26e628e916796e5495c80cd166.png  

Here's the setup so far. Please, please, please point out obvious or not obvious flaws in terms of the combination of roles and duties, TIs, PIs, etc. I do want to stay true to Michels and Kovács though, meaning, pressing, attacking, free-flowing roaming beautiful football and the 4-3-3. I am very much open to feedback.

5aa7f3e3f3f90_ScreenShot2018-03-13at11_51_57AM.thumb.png.6026f390e803fbe908602d08bf879add.png

5aa7f801442cf_ScreenShot2018-03-13at12_10_18PM.thumb.png.12b3832894910ac0ea2a1f277d4a2b92.png

I think the must have team instructions for this style are there (I try to minimize them where possible) - and yes, the offsides trap has been working great even with a Libero.

I do not have close down much more, because for the high block to work, as Rashidi says, you do not want your back line getting thrown off with all of the extra closing down. That's what I have player instructions for everyone. I think I can do better here though. As this article https://spielverlagerung.com/2017/03/05/pressing-counterpressing-and-counterattacking/ explains; I should probably close down specifically on either the FBs/WBs or the CBs to funnel the play to the other. But I'm still trying to wrap my head around getting that done in FM - very open to suggestions. Perhaps turn off the extra closing down on the SV and RPM.

Notice, even without specific TIs, the passing is pretty short, there is a lot of width, pretty high tempo and plenty of closing down.

PIs:

SKa - Distribute to CBs; Take Short Kicks

WBs - Dribble Less, Fewer Risky Passes

SVs - Dribble Less, Close Down More, Tackle Harder, Get Further Forward, Fewer Risky Passes, Move Into Channels

BBMs - Close Down More, Tackle Harder, Fewer Risky Passes, Move Into Channels - Also, he man-marks the mid-fielder playmaker, tightly. Needs to be adjusted every game, of course. This isn't plug and play ...

RPMs - Close Down More, Tackle Harder

RMDa - Close Down More, Tackle Harder

Wa - Close Down More, Tackle Harder

CFs - Close Down More, Tackle Harder

I have some questions though - I understand they move around a lot (duh), but as for the typical positions I've seen Neeskens (as the runner and heavy presser) both in the middle and on the right. Haan is the ball winner, and I've seen him on both the right and in the center. Mühren the playmaker typically is on the left in the articles I've seen.

I felt like the Segundo Volante best described Haan's play, and that can only be on the left or right, so I went with that.

I put the BPDs on the left simply because the Segundo Volante is on the right.

Johnny Rep seems like a space-exploring Ramdeuter from everything I've read, and Piet Keizer seems like a classic attacking winger.

Also, I will switch the mentality to Contain - yes Contain for about 30 minutes a match - no one can keep up with that intensity for 90 minutes.

A few quotes, first from the translated article linked above:

And this from Inverting the Pyramid:

Which then gets into a pharmaceutical discussion :herman:

In some testing (repeatedly simming and reloading an U23 game) it seems to work pretty well on either Attack or Contain, amazingly enough. I still score and allow some goals even when containing.

5aa7f886eebac_ScreenShot2018-03-13at12_12_28PM.thumb.png.bf1e0ab64464f363d5da1e061b64a40c.png

Note there is still a pretty high line and a fair amount of closing down, even on contain. But the players get a break on tempo and go super narrow.

hıgh tempo? shortıng pass?

11 saat önce, abdi1721 said:

Could you change the game language to English take a screenshot and post it?

new versıon:

-defend narrow

-atttackıng wıdth  WIDE

AP---> DL playmaker

Duj7kvWXcAIA3ro.jpg

Archived