How long do you have to wait for a new ground?

This might possibly be a bug, and if it is its a game breaker for me. I'm Chester, got promoted into the championship and needed my ground expanded, as our ground has a capacity of 5,400ish. So I ask the board to buy the ground (there was no option to extend it before buying, just wasn't there). In the summer they bought the ground for £2 million quid, then the very next news item is they are looking for a site for a brand new 13,000 capacity stadium!!! Thanks for wasting my money board!!!!

Anyway, 4 and a half years later, and the board are still looking for a site for the new ground. And I'm still playing in a 5,400 capacity stadium in the championship. how long does it take to find a site? Is this a bug? Cheers.

Am Tranmere and I got that news item after my first season but 3 seasons on and still no stadium or any news on it. Everything I ask the board for they say can’t due to are financial situation (even my almost completed training facilities got cancelled) but am in the black so I assume they mean the stadium we’re suppose to be building. 

Weirdly I had the same thing. Shortly after taking a 2 million loan to buy the stadium they announced they'd look to build a new 14,000 capacity stadium.
To make matters worse I then got promoted and was forced to upgrade my current stadium to 12,500 with undersoil heating. I'm assuming this is the max for my stadium, though why they didn't do this in the first place I don't know.
I'm now worried they'll build the 14,000 stadium anyway for virtually no gain. I can see no way to stop them and I'm not hopeful the game will have the sense to re-asses the capacity or as a minimum make it highly expandable. I'll be stuck in it for 25 years! Madness.

5 hours ago, chestermike said:

This might possibly be a bug, and if it is its a game breaker for me. I'm Chester, got promoted into the championship and needed my ground expanded, as our ground has a capacity of 5,400ish. So I ask the board to buy the ground (there was no option to extend it before buying, just wasn't there). In the summer they bought the ground for £2 million quid, then the very next news item is they are looking for a site for a brand new 13,000 capacity stadium!!! Thanks for wasting my money board!!!!

Anyway, 4 and a half years later, and the board are still looking for a site for the new ground. And I'm still playing in a 5,400 capacity stadium in the championship. how long does it take to find a site? Is this a bug? Cheers.

Apparently if you go to club tab then to facilities it states that your searching for a new site. Speaking to a guy on the careers he took 7 years to get his stadium! 

In real life a Stadium can take 26 months to 4 years to build . Alot depends on safety regulations as a quickly built stadium would probably not be as safe . A stadium near me that seats 60000 was first proposed in 2013 . It's just finished completion . So 5 years . 

9 hours ago, prot651 said:

In real life a Stadium can take 26 months to 4 years to build . Alot depends on safety regulations as a quickly built stadium would probably not be as safe . A stadium near me that seats 60000 was first proposed in 2013 . It's just finished completion . So 5 years . 

That true, my stadium once I found the information is half the size of the original. Prenton Park holds 16k and change this new stadium once it’s done is 8k this could impact on my wage budget massively it’s took me four years to turn a small profit every month. 

Archived