Regen Faces | Manager Photo | FM18

20 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I tried and I came out looking like an orange.

I got another one and it came out somewhat purple.

I carried on and pretended I was from Mars. No one batted an eyelid. Was hilarious.

Yeah, well, maybe that's because you actually look like a somewhat purple orange from mars. We'll never know unless you show us a real picture. :lol:

Just kidding, happened to me as well.

Sometimes you have to accept that things are changing.

This reminds me a  bit about the wibble/wobble discussion.

It takes some time, but people get used to it, because the new game will offer a lot more than previous versions. 

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. The manager appearance does not have any influence on game play. It's just a graphic issue. 

My guess is, that this is a long term decision. We just have to get used to it. 

Are you serious?!?!  It has an influence on my game play and enough others to get a load of mentions on the web.  I suppose you're not an employee of SI (you sound like one), but that's a pretty arrogant attitude to take.  There's either a technical reason, a licensing reason, or pure stubbornness causing features to be removed from the game. 

- Regens look terrible in FM17.  So much that I chose not to buy the game.  

- A simple manager cut-out can no longer be placed into the game, yet previous versions allowed a custom cut-out for game players to actually see themselves in the game.  This is crazy.  Even my 5 year old can put her picture in the silly games she plays on my iphone.

Why it is a arrogant attitude just to say how it is? The feature was removed and I guess for a good reason. I used this feature in the past too, but I can live with how it is since FM 2017.

7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Why it is a arrogant attitude just to say how it is? The feature was removed and I guess for a good reason. I used this feature in the past too, but I can live with how it is since FM 2017.

It's arrogant to say it doesn't affect game play at all.  It's arrogant to say "get used to it."

It does not affect the game play technically. Only in your mind.  And it's not arrogant to say "get use to it", because that's what we all have to, when things are changing and we are not in a position to stop it.

15 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The feature was removed and I guess for a good reason.

Why are you guessing? You posted Miles twitter, which clearly states the reason, there is nothing to guess here.

The reason, as stated in the image, was: "2d photos don't look good on 3d bodies."

Which is a totally flawed answer, since other individuals who have 3d bodies can be assigned 2d photos.

53 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It takes some time, but people get used to it, because the new game will offer a lot more than previous versions. 

It was possible to add in past FMs and even FM17, but then they changed it. There was no technical impact since it works in FM17 with the file editing. How is this offering more? This is offering less:

FM15 and before = Can use photo. = 1 option

FM16  = Can use photo, can create 3d face. = 2 options

FM17 = Can create 3d face, can use photo by adjusting game files. = 2 options

FM17 post patch = Can create 3d face. = 1 option

FM18 = Can create 3d face. = 1 option

Players don't have real 3-D faces, that's the reason why 2-D pictures are still possible. 

Managers have a 3-D face since FM 2017. Use a good portrait picture to generate the 3D model and your manager will look like you. 

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Players don't have real 3-D faces, that's the reason why 2-D pictures are still possible. 

Managers have a 3-D face since FM 2017. Use a good portrait picture to generate the 3D model and your manager will look like you. 

Not true.

In FM16 managers have 3d faces and can have a photo as well.

In FM17 managers have 3d faces and can have a photo as well (with the trick).

In FM17 post patch managers have 3d faces and can have a photo as well (with the trick but only when starting a new game, cannot be changed later).

As we can see from this summary, the faces and photo usage being possible at the same time in FM16 and FM17 show that it is possible to work in the game with no technical issues. But SI are working very hard to disable this feature, for nonsensical reasons.

Do you really think they made such a decision for nonsensical reason? Developers have to make decision for the future. Some might look strange, but will make sense in one or two or three years. 

And the decision right now is that it will not be possible to add your 2-D picture to your manager in the game in FM 2018. 

There is still the possibility to add your opinion to a existing thread in the feature request forum.

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Do you really think they made such a decision for nonsensical reason? Developers have to make decision for the future. Some might look strange, but will make sense in one or two or three years. 

And the decision right now is that it will not be possible to add your 2-D picture to your manager in the game in FM 2018. 

There is still the possibility to add your opinion to a existing thread in the feature request forum.

Well at least you agree that It is nonsensical. As shown in FM16 and FM17 it is possible to have face creation and photo together without causing issues to the game. So it cannot be a technical reason.

The only other reason given by the game creator is nonsensical: "2d photos don't look good on 3d bodies."

This one i explained before. Other individuals, who have 3d bodies in the game, can have a photo assigned to them. Player character, who has a 3d body in the game, cannot have a photo assigned to them.

This was removed by SI, but the other individuals who have 3d bodies, can still have a photo used. Their possibility to have a photo was not removed.

So if it is still because "2d photos don't look good on 3d bodies." he is wrong or lying, as individuals with 3d bodies can still have photos.

Just now, GoldenGoal said:

Well at least you agree that It is nonsensical.

No, I don't. I don't like to be misinterpreted that way. Use the feature request forum if you want this feature back. This thread does not change anything.

• KUBI locked this topic

Archived