FM/CM memories: First signing, game?

Just got me thinking about some of the legendary names from old versions of CM/FM

Here's a couple I can recall

Sol Campbell (as a 16yr old striker in CM93)

Tom Youngs

Tommy Svindal Larsen

Eric Nevland

Alex Notman

Tonton Zolo Makuko (or something like that!)

Mark Kerr

My first game was with AC Milan in cm4. Made 2 signings, Joe Cole and Djibril Cisse, and almost never rotated my side. These signings only really came on as subs. won the league though, Rivaldo was unstopable in that adition. Somehow Cisse managed to win young player of the year, though he hardly ever played.

I can remember going to school with my as yet unplayed copy of CM in late 1997 and a friend trying to recommend Ibrahima Bakayoko. Trouble was, this friend was 11 and not the best speller in the class. I ended up searching for and signing an obscure Nigerian named Abraham Baki, or something similar, and feeling rather underwhelmed.

my first was cm95/96 and it wasnt even mine - i joined my mates game and he would play my team for me, printing off team sheets, tactics and players for me to study and tell him what to do the next day

think i was possibly man utd or arsenal i cant remember -only that he was liverpool and his brother was newcastle and had a habit of transfer listing every player in the side because he thought it made them play better!!

as for players my first signings were jean-pierre papin, jurgen klinsmann and pablo bengochea(?)(30 odd year old uruguayan amc from penarol)

i swiftly invested in cm96/97 and the rest, as they say. is history

Archived