Manual...

Is it time to bring back the paper copy of the manual? I loved that new fresh smell when opening the disk box. I've managed to get my step sons into the game, but hard to try and explain in detail all the little details about it. Any chance this would be bought back? Or is it just a cost cutting exercise? The online manual is rubbish. Would rather have it in my hand while playing the game with my boys..

Printed manuals are consigned to history, such a shame as the old school MicroProse manuals remain the industry benchmark & the modern concept of a game manual is one area where the industry as regressed.

Back in the day, Prima Games published some excellent unofficial strategy guides for CM that - for my money - were far more useful than the official manuals. I read their CM00/01 and CM4 strategy guides cover-to-cover and still have them to this day.

I wouldn't mind a printed manual for present-day FM, truth be told, but that's just wishful thinking. For one thing, the game is too in-depth for most areas to be covered in a book of only 100-or-so pages. For another, the Internet has arguably rendered such manuals obsolete.

22 hours ago, CFuller said:

Back in the day, Prima Games published some excellent unofficial strategy guides for CM that - for my money - were far more useful than the official manuals. I read their CM00/01 and CM4 strategy guides cover-to-cover and still have them to this day.

I wouldn't mind a printed manual for present-day FM, truth be told, but that's just wishful thinking. For one thing, the game is too in-depth for most areas to be covered in a book of only 100-or-so pages. For another, the Internet has arguably rendered such manuals obsolete.

Yes man that's right... I remember that book. Great read. Someone definitely needs to bring a football manager one out. 

Archived