Not being able to kick on

Season after season I just can't seem to kick on and finish around mid table. I'm constantly signing better players who play worse than the ones I replaced them with. 

Is thee something I'm missing? I'm prettynew to FM and while I like the fact it's not too easy and you win everything in the first couple of seasons, I like to know there is a way you can actually properly succeed. 

Any my tips  would be great 

dont keep signing new players, every new player you bring in affects the team's tactical familiarity, and it takes them time to blend in n get used to your style... 

Learn the ins and outs of the tactical side of the game and adapt your tactics to the opponents you play against, which I understand is really time consuming and complicated but it will make the game far more enjoyable being able to build a team around a certain style of play, make sure you have the players to mix it up and be flexible to maximise your chances of beating different teams, for e,g if your playing a better team who's fullbacks get forward and leave space in behind player a deeper defensive line with a structured/control team shape/mentality and have exploit flanks pass into space along with fast wingers you've took advantage of an opponents weakness and will increase your chances of achieving a result. Another way of maximising your chances of winning is attributes don't overlook any aspect of the game which can be the difference between 0-0 and 1-0 e.g ( Good freekick taker, Wingbacks that can cross, one fast striker, one slow striker, a midfielder that can shoot, even a keeper with good kicking) Maximise your chances of scoring don't just leave it all down to player performances the result of the game is set and stone before you press kick off. A tactic and the right players with the right attributes and personality will guarantee you overachieve, don't overlook determination this means your players will have the will to train hard and come back when losing in a match you could be 2-1 down in a cup final but if your players have the right mentality it is 2-2. Play extremely poor teams in preseason to get the morale up and make sure your tactic is completely fluid. If you want you can show me a photo of it and I'll tell you where the flaws lie and how you could improve it.

9 hours ago, OhhScottySinclair said:

Learn the ins and outs of the tactical side of the game and adapt your tactics to the opponents you play against, which I understand is really time consuming and complicated but it will make the game far more enjoyable being able to build a team around a certain style of play, make sure you have the players to mix it up and be flexible to maximise your chances of beating different teams, for e,g if your playing a better team who's fullbacks get forward and leave space in behind player a deeper defensive line with a structured/control team shape/mentality and have exploit flanks pass into space along with fast wingers you've took advantage of an opponents weakness and will increase your chances of achieving a result. Another way of maximising your chances of winning is attributes don't overlook any aspect of the game which can be the difference between 0-0 and 1-0 e.g ( Good freekick taker, Wingbacks that can cross, one fast striker, one slow striker, a midfielder that can shoot, even a keeper with good kicking) Maximise your chances of scoring don't just leave it all down to player performances the result of the game is set and stone before you press kick off. A tactic and the right players with the right attributes and personality will guarantee you overachieve, don't overlook determination this means your players will have the will to train hard and come back when losing in a match you could be 2-1 down in a cup final but if your players have the right mentality it is 2-2. Play extremely poor teams in preseason to get the morale up and make sure your tactic is completely fluid. If you want you can show me a photo of it and I'll tell you where the flaws lie and how you could improve it.

Thanks mate. I'll upload a few on here when I'm in from work   

10 hours ago, rinso said:

dont keep signing new players, every new player you bring in affects the team's tactical familiarity, and it takes them time to blend in n get used to your style... 

Thanks mate, will look at keeping more players providing they're good enough. 

Always find new players take 6-12 to blend into your teams tactics, if you are keeping the same tactic then find players who suite that system and maybe try using your better players in the reserves if you play the same tactic with the reserves as you might find a couple of gems that surprise you

Archived