Dynamic AI

Preveza

In terms of tactic setups. Specifically defending from corners. The AI sets up the same way for every single corner. Always have two on the posts. Would be MUCH more realistic and more a depiction of a football simulation, if the AI decided to change the way they defend from corners based on what their manager prefers. Seeing each team defend the same way from corners is beyond disbelief for a modern 'football simulator'. Feels lots of areas of the ME have not been touched in years. Same for attacking set pieces. Need to be more dynamic, which will keep us human managers on our toes.

This is something I would like to see, not having players on one or both posts is much more commonplace these days & is something at should be in FM, maybe have it tied to a keeper trait as that tends to be the deciding factor irl.

Personally I've not had players on the post since FM15 & I've always faired better than average at corner defensive stats.

Good call on this prevaza. A lot of the current game needs to be more in line with the modern game. It's a lot more tactical now. For example, zonal marking and man to man marking are two vastly different styles and should be reflected so in the game. Heck, some teams even combine zonal and man-to-man marking. pressing, counterpressing, when to trigger pressing, low block... are all increasingly being used. 

In many ways, SI developers need to have a very in-depth knowledge of the current game. If not it will just cease to be a mind numbing game of stats and which player has the better stats. 

• 1 year later...

Archived