Wages FFP in the Premier League

Just have a quick question around the wages side of things, for FFP in the Premier League.

This warning below has popped up this season (currently at end of August):

352j285.png

And here are the finer details:

sgmio4.png

Since being notified of this, I sold a couple of players and the projected wages dropped below the £88m target, but over the last 3-4 weeks (with no extra additions) this figure has crept up to £99.65m.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this might be to do with the rule around your total wages not increasing by more than £7m from the previous season? But this season I'm in the Champions League for the first time, so my question is that will I be OK by the end of the season once it takes into account my new & improved incomes?

You shouldn't fail as your actual increase is easily covered by your group stage prize money & guaranteed share of the TV pool however this does require that there is no reduction in any other areas of revenue from the previous season so it's worth reviewing all of the finance screens, pay attention to the projected revenues as that's what will be most important in this situation.

Archived