UEFA Qualfication Places

I'm managing Lincoln Red Imps in Gibraltar at the moment, and I've looked at the qualification places and found that Gibraltar were 48th now, 4 places up from where they started, however they haven't been rewarded anymore Europa League places? They started with 1 and still have this amount even those nations below have 3? Can anyone explain please?

Can you show us a screen shot? It might just be a bug in your save. Because I've taken the Tippeligaen in Norway up to 12th in 2023 and the places changed each time we jumped up the ladder. So I would assume its just an issue with that save.

44 minutes ago, oulzac said:

Can you show us a screen shot? It might just be a bug in your save. Because I've taken the Tippeligaen in Norway up to 12th in 2023 and the places changed each time we jumped up the ladder. So I would assume its just an issue with that save.

Not necessarily.  Gibraltar are a more special case.

1 hour ago, fxckchar said:

That's disappointing, was looking forward to making Gibraltar more competitive in Europe...

Checking it in the real world, it doesn't look as though it should be like this.  Wiki says that Gibraltar should have two Europa League places for next season, so they can definitelyl be awarded more than just one and one.  Although having read further into it, it looks as though the GFA had to write to UEFA to request it, so perhaps their way of getting more spots isn't automatic through coefficients like other nations, so is hard-coded in FM.

Worth raising in the data issues to know for sure - in previous versions you definitely could.  I got them up to about 7th, and saw most of the league qualify in one way or the other thanks to the increased coefficient.  It would be annoying if they have changed that for FM17.

On 12/1/2016 at 19:02, oulzac said:

It's Very frustrating, but I guess it's hard-coded into the game due to it being Gibraltar.

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 12.44.11.png

On 12/1/2016 at 19:51, forameuss said:

Not necessarily.  Gibraltar are a more special case.

Checking it in the real world, it doesn't look as though it should be like this.  Wiki says that Gibraltar should have two Europa League places for next season, so they can definitelyl be awarded more than just one and one.  Although having read further into it, it looks as though the GFA had to write to UEFA to request it, so perhaps their way of getting more spots isn't automatic through coefficients like other nations, so is hard-coded in FM.

Worth raising in the data issues to know for sure - in previous versions you definitely could.  I got them up to about 7th, and saw most of the league qualify in one way or the other thanks to the increased coefficient.  It would be annoying if they have changed that for FM17.

My Latest findings have given me the conclusion that the Qualification Places Page is glitches. This photo shows that Lincoln Red Imps (My Team) are in the 2nd Round Qualification Stage whilst the qualification places still say I should be in the Third Round. Just need to check that more Gibraltarian teams are in the Europa League

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 13.18.01.png

Archived