Challenges list

I want to start a challenge but I don't know what ones there are apart from 1 or 2, so if there is a list of them or if someone could tell me some that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Firstly, I apologise if my reply upsets anybody by excluding their favourite challenge. I know if anybody excluded the Ultimate Challenge, I would explode.

The major challenges are all fairly much at the top of the list. The 6 major ones (I think) are

Dafuge

Ultimate

Youth

Big Euro

San Marino

Gundo's

Over the years there have been a lot of challenges. If you say what kind of club / career / objectives / level of difficulty you want, we could advise.

Maybe these are the main types of challenge, and the main challenges therein

(Take a club from the bottom to the top) Dafuge (based in England), Big Euro nations, Smaller Euro nations (aka Gundo's), African / Asian / S American Challenges (these are well down the list at the moment)

(Take a club (and maybe a nation) from the bottom to the top and make it really difficult for yourself because you're a) fantastic at FM and b) don't have anything better to do for the next 24 months) Youth Academy Challenge / San Marino Challenge

(Journeyman Challenge where you move from club to club) Ultimate Football Manager

(Miscellaneous Challenges that haven't been popular recently but may be worth looking at)  Football Manager Chairman Challenge, Mikenevo's Keep It Close to Home, The SAF Challenge

Thanks for that

40 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

If you say what kind of club / career / objectives / level of difficulty you want, we could advise.

I'm kind of looking for something that will challenge me and something that will take me a little while as I have quite a bit of time leading up to Christmas

42 minutes ago, ajj2410 said:

Thanks for that

I'm kind of looking for something that will challenge me and something that will take me a little while as I have quite a bit of time leading up to Christmas

It really depends what kind of manager you want to be. If you want to play leagues you maybe never managed in before, and would like to jump from club to club Ultimate is the way to go for you.

If you want to build up one club from the bottom and up, then Dafuge or San Marino might be the beste choice. If you want to rely on youths only then its Youth challenge.

Whatever you choose, you should be in for a fun challenge. Good luck!!!

9 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

It really depends what kind of manager you want to be. If you want to play leagues you maybe never managed in before, and would like to jump from club to club Ultimate is the way to go for you.

If you want to build up one club from the bottom and up, then Dafuge or San Marino might be the beste choice. If you want to rely on youths only then its Youth challenge.

Whatever you choose, you should be in for a fun challenge. Good luck!!!

Thanks for your help and Ultimate sounds the most interesting to me so far

3 hours ago, ajj2410 said:

Thanks for that

I'm kind of looking for something that will challenge me and something that will take me a little while...

Yes, maybe the Ultimate

leading up to Christmas

Christmas next month?

Ok, maybe not the Ultimate.

Actually, the Ultimate is by far the best challenge, not only on this forum, but in the history of humankind, (narrowly ahead of climbing Everest).

I'm afraid all the challenges take a while, but bottom to top challenges in South Africa or S America (eg Argentina or Chile) can go quite quickly, just because there are so few divisions. You'd probably have to resuscitate an old thread, but nothing significant has changed in recent versions, and you might be responsible for reinvigorating a challenge. There are also these short term challenges that have re-appeared recently from an outside website.

Playing Ultimate from now to Christmas might be a bit heavy, sorry for not reading that part.

That said, people can finish Ultimate challenge in some 20-25 seasons if you are good at it. One season might be played in a day, or even close to two season a day. So it it possible to finish it in that time, just maybe not advisory. That said I would still go for Ultimate, its so much fun and you can continue the challenge any time to complete it.

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

Yes, maybe the Ultimate

Christmas next month?

Ok, maybe not the Ultimate.

Actually, the Ultimate is by far the best challenge, not only on this forum, but in the history of humankind, (narrowly ahead of climbing Everest).

I'm afraid all the challenges take a while, but bottom to top challenges in South Africa or S America (eg Argentina or Chile) can go quite quickly, just because there are so few divisions. You'd probably have to resuscitate an old thread, but nothing significant has changed in recent versions, and you might be responsible for reinvigorating a challenge. There are also these short term challenges that have re-appeared recently from an outside website.

1 hour ago, TheEarl said:

Playing Ultimate from now to Christmas might be a bit heavy, sorry for not reading that part.

That said, people can finish Ultimate challenge in some 20-25 seasons if you are good at it. One season might be played in a day, or even close to two season a day. So it it possible to finish it in that time, just maybe not advisory. That said I would still go for Ultimate, its so much fun and you can continue the challenge any time to complete it.

I pretty much have nothing to do leading up until Christmas then I go away on a holiday for a few weeks then I've got the rest of summer doing not much until Uni starts. So surely that should be enough time complete it right?

37 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

@ajj2410 I really think you should give it a go, have fun playing it, and lots of nice people in the community to cheer you on

Ok I probably will give it a go but would you be able to explain it in depth what you actually do in the Ultimate Challenge?

10 minutes ago, ajj2410 said:

Ok I probably will give it a go but would you be able to explain it in depth what you actually do in the Ultimate Challenge?

Move the question over to the actualt challenge thread, and we will answer you as much as you want there.

5 hours ago, vikeologist said:

The Everest was scaled in 1953, The UFMC would not be achieved in the next 6 decades

The Everest Climb and preparation takes a few months. UFMC takes a few decades.

There are two independent routes to reach everest summit. There is onlyone route to UFMC, through South Africa

And still you think it is narrowl Ahead?

Big Euro challenge is more suited to the time you have. Basically sim one year, you choose one nation only though there are no rules in regards to DB Size and then wait for the promo/relegation of teams from the lowest playable Div. 

You then pick one of the teams promoted from the unplayable leagues and try to guide them to Euro Dominance.

Don't have to start with a club 4/5 tiers down either which is handy if you dislike llm.

Archived