No teams found for stage 0

Slabbekoorn

I'm trying to create the Dutch Hoofdklasse/Eerste klasse relegation playoff and ran into a problem. I had set up a normal relegation playoff cup that works perfectly fine and decided to change the relegation cup to a relegation cup with a group stage. I did this by copying the original stage 0 and combining the data one of my older files where I had created a cup and combined the settings with a (to advanced rules converted) relegation playoff league. Now I do not know (yet) if this works at all because I'm running into the following problem:

When testing it immedeately says "no teams found for stage 0 Hoofdklasse" which is the group stage of the playoff. 

I used the same stage names and teams did qualify if it was a normal cup and I added the teams like usual "get qualified teams from stage" and the stage name is still the same (basic) name: Relegation Playoff. So if I keep it a cup then it's fine but changing to group means no teams found. I double checked everything, couldn't find anything, the cup fixture dates are placed after the normal leagues are finished, I even changed the "main stage name" to 'promotion group stage' (and in every league's stage's league settings) after I double checked it, and even put the teams under Hoofdklasse -> Qualified teams but no luck.

Sorry for the bump, I have found the problem but not the solution. My relegation playoff is in the parent division and has 2 stages, if I delete the second stage (stage 1 cup) then the playoff (stage 0 group) will start testing (but will fail ofcourse since I need the second stage to make it work completely). Adding the second stage back again will lead me back to square one: no teams found in stage 0.

So stage 0 will draw teams if stage 1 is not created. Does someone have a clue what to do next?

Edit:

I think my problem is that I'm setting up a relegation playoff group followed by a relegation playoff cup for a league and I guess that its not possible. What I want is a League stage that mixes multiple leagues into a group stage and that group stage will relegate 2 teams per group automatically and the winners of each group go into a promotion/relegation cup. Meaning that I think that I have to set a qualificaton in the 1st phase (league) instead of bottom/top playoffs and the 2nd phase (group) is the stage where I set the relegation rules followed by the relegation cup which is the final and third phase.

An extra note: I already splitted the saturday (Zaterdag) and sunday (Zondag) playoffs in each division with child competitions (starting in Derde Divisie parent competition). Saturday relegation is named stage 0 (Hoofdklasse), Sunday is stage 1. But these were working perfectly fine as cups. Stage 3 is my new cup stage, so Stage 0 will continue in stage 3 of Hoofdklasse.

I already tried to add top playoffs instead of qualification rules in the Hoofdklasse stage 0 -> (individual) group rules -> league settings and basically anything I could imagine (except for my last edit).

Edit: to explain the playoff

Stage 0 begins with 19 teams, 4 from hoofdklasse (2 from each saturday competition) and 15 from Eerste Klasse Zaterdag (3 clubs each won a dutch period playoff). In this stage 0 (Hoofdklasse) there are six groups, 5 with 3 teams and one with 4 teams. The winners of each group will continue to the cup playoff stage 3 and the losers (total 13 teams) will relegate/not be promoted. The 6 winning teams will have each one match (so 3 total in the cup) and the winner will stay in Hoofdklasse/get promoted to the hoofdklasse, the loser will stay in the Eerste Klasse/relegate to the Eerste klasse.

you have wrong name set in teams section. when you qualify teams to some playoff you need to add that same stage name:

dd6hfRO.png

as you can see- main stage name is "promotion playoff"UID 117 but its should be "relegation playoff"UID 111.

also dont use same stage name for 2 stages.

best advice is this: make new stage names: for example Hoofdklasse playoff 1 and Hoofdklasse playoff 2 and qualify right teams in. later when you finish everything you can change that names as you wish. this name you can use just to make everything easier when you make system

Thanks for your help but I'm still having the same problems. The teams are drawn like that in every other playoff and it works fine but I changed it following your advice but still get the "no teams found for stage 0" and it doesn't give the error when I delete the cup phase (stage 3).

Dutch Pyramids 9_8C449BC9-BB66-4698-A454-CFC6F0DCF8F0.fmf

Oh ok. I used the xml to verify it manually and I'll holiday the game. 

Kinda frustrating that the Editor test isn't good enough because I'm also going to add a rather difficult cup system that uses last years result and positions to qualify for the cup.

Ok I'll do that but it'll take some work (and United - Feyenoord starts in an hour). But if that works that'll mean that I have to add each group seperately as a league right? And then connect the six leagues to the final cup round?

Edit: I ran a holiday but the game crashed when it reached the playoffs. So creating 6 leagues is all I have left now.:D

2 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Thats the point, there shouldn't be a problem. I just think that its impossible with groups.

Actually it's not just about groups. I am quite sure that this kind of errors appears when you deal with relegation playyoff with teams coming from lower division. I am also aggree with krlenjushka about comple datas that almost impossible to verify...

I think we have to wait for an update...

9 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Thats the point, there shouldn't be a problem. I just think that its impossible with groups.

you should see my files and you wouldnt believe what is possible :D

you need to go step by step. Add only leagues and test in game- after that add 1 playoff and test and so on

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

you need to go step by step. Add only leagues and test in game- after that add 1 playoff and test and so on

I don't think there could be any other complex data like mine here :D can you just check the file and tell me your idea and what is the problem here please?:seagull:

Turkish Super Patch 17 By Affluence_5F29E313-86CD-4F81-8245-380FC0FE574F.fmf

8 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

what is problem with file?

almost same withslabbekoorn. I am having several error step by step. Before you check i have to say that this is a copy of my last years data. I just followed the same steps but i can't get it work.

First it gives me ''could no get stage settings'' error. If i resolve the problem (I don't think i resolve permenant) than it gives me '' wrong number of teams..'' error. Even if i resolve it somehow (don't remember how :D) than gives me ''... division could not finish in the season period'' issue:seagull:

So i am stucked here. I had an recommandation with ''not finished season error'' which tells me to change days from eg. ''sunday'' to ''-''.  But that ddn't work as well.

6 minutes ago, mentese said:

almost same withslabbekoorn. I am having several error step by step. Before you check i have to say that this is a copy of my last years data. I just followed the same steps but i can't get it work.

Advanced testing is bugged in the editor. Load the file into a new save and see how it works.

6 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

have you tried to test in game?

Not untill end of the season! Cause i am affraid to release it when it is not verified esspescially after how many errors it gives me. 

5 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

yeah- test in game and check everything in game. sometimes editor gives errors for no reason

:thup: Thnks for helping m8.

By the way, what do u think about the file? Is it as complex as yours? :cool:

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

You mean testing in a new file? Create a league thats followed by one league (instead of groups) and ends in a cup relegation playoff?

I made some progress, I started simple like you told me to and got a League -> Group -> Cup stage working. I did not use Top Playoff or Bottom Playoff in the normal league stages (well I did use them but not to link stages, just for show in the league table) but I used Qualification Rules instead and made the Group stage settings the same as a league relegation playoff would look like. But I did use the bottom  playoff rules in the Group stage combined with relegation rules. And I linked this stage with the final Cup stage and in the end it did work. 

Verifying was weird tho, I got a few errors so I exported it, verified it manually in xml, ran the holiday (and it worked), then I imported the xml file in the editor, changed one thing (and changed it back), I tried to verify it again and it worked. 

I added the file for others so they can see. Now I have to add qualifications in Dutch Periods and then I'll have to do this at a bigger scale.

Eredivisie playoffs 5_4B7FB2EA-60A4-42D0-9120-6B80F307184D.fmf

13 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Verifying was weird tho, I got a few errors so I exported it, verified it manually in xml, ran the holiday (and it worked), then I imported the xml file in the editor, changed one thing (and changed it back), I tried to verify it again and it worked. 

Eredivisie playoffs 5_4B7FB2EA-60A4-42D0-9120-6B80F307184D.fmf

Can you tell me how did you verify from xml? What steps i have to follow for this?

2 hours ago, mentese said:

Can you tell me how did you verify from xml? What steps i have to follow for this?

Export to xml (un-tick 'compress editor data files' in the settings menu) and 'export' instead of 'save file' in the file menu.

Next you go to the FM 2017 editor data files in your computer (My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> FM 2017 -> Editor Data) and open the xml file with notepad.

Search for verf, and you'll see <boolean id="verf" value="false", change the false into true and copy the sentence. Now you need to paste this sentence below your divisions (all of them) search for the unique ID and it'll come up multiple times but they are located below <list id="division_levels"> (searching for division_levels is) the best way to find it. Now paste the verf sentence below each competition value and you're done.

I'll add a file for you so you'll have an example. It's also the file that has the League -> Group (relegation phase 1) -> Cup (relegation phase 2 in case someone wants to know how make that.

League - Group - Cup through Top&Bottom Playoffs.xml

I created the playoffs from scratch, no converting or copying and I got a little bit further. Who would've thought that I would be happy to run into the "league does not finish before season update day". I'm running the file now to see where the problem exactly is since my file is quite complicated.

7 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

I created the playoffs from scratch, no converting or copying and I got a little bit further. Who would've thought that I would be happy to run into the "league does not finish before season update day". I'm running the file now to see where the problem exactly is since my file is quite complicated.

try to move playoff dates  or season update day 

14 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

try to move playoff dates  or season update day 

I had quite some problems, with the game crashing etc, Finals were already drawing before the preliminaries were played. Moved some stuff around and made minor edits (including your suggestion) and I finally got it working and the normal editor verifies! 

Moral of the story is, keep editing and keep moving around the possible dates.

Now the only minor issue I'm having is that the groups have 3 or 4 teams, but the 4 team groups play three matches each but they should only play two matches (real life rules). I don't know how to change this in the editor. There used to be a max  total group games option in the older editors but it's not in this one...

Hmm... Now the lower division that is in the playoff won't finish before league update day. I moved the dates forwards, backwards, everything and the weird part is that the Eerste Klasse starts even later than the Hoofdklasse (which does verify). So I figured that the problem must be that the league fates aren't set right for Eerste Klasse but I can't seem to find the problem like usual.

Thanks a lot for all the help. Finally i made some proggress. But now i am having a strange error which doesn't let me choose the divisions with groups. You can see in the picture what i mean... All those black divisions are including several groups while the correct ones with a league setting in a single group. What is strange is that this is a normally verified data. I didn't verify it in xml. Thats another question cause after i followed slabbekoorn's guide for xml verifing, now i can verify the data normally....! 

Any help?

group_issue_verified.jpg

I can't seem to find my error. All divisions will verify except for the last Eerste Klasse. I've messed with everything but can't get it working. The Hoofdklasse does verify and the playoffs are played, it says who will relegate and who will get promoted but the season update day just won't kick off.

Can someone look into it and help me with my last hurdle?

Dutch League Rules_69602273-99E5-4D07-B224-7DF3C2CC5DAC.fmf

3 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Your group/league settings must be wrong. Post the file and I'll look at it.

Here is my file. Strange think is that even if use simple editor this becomes like this.

You can see leages with problem in last level. After ''Turkish Local Amateaur League''.

Turkish Super Patch 17 By Affluence_5F29E313-86CD-4F81-8245-380FC0FE574F.fmf

17 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

upload i want to see. now i have some strange crash when i add promotion playoff to parent competition i some test file... :D

something is wrong with this i guess

Here you go

http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/n7QcCVDd/file.html

It's at the date of the first group phases and you'll have to look in the Hoofdklasse/Eerste Klasse;)

13 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

i cant see anything wrong-are you sure your periods are ok? Never tried to use that so i dont know...

The periods are perfectly fine, the Hoofdklasse periods qualify for Derde Divisie playoffs, the Eerste Klasse does not have periods as of yet so they're not involved with this verification error.

The only thing for me to do now is removing the Eerste Klasse and add every league again manually (without copy/paste). Thats how I got rid of my former "stage 0 had no teams" and "season update day" errors.

Thanks for the help btw, I also know how to make hidden stages because of your explanation in the "Dynamic Qualification" topic and it works great so thanks.;)

Archived