Scouting Knowledge.

Hi, so I had my scout in Germany until he gained a full bar of knowledge which he did and then made him scout another country so I could keep expanding my knowledge of Europe. I've just seen my scouting knowledge percentage has dropped and the scout that gained full knowledge of Germany now has zero knowledge of the country? 

Why is this? 

11 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Scouts lose knowledge of countries over time, the only knowledge they keep is the natural knowledge they start off with.

Did not know that! Great how this game keeps throwing up little details like that even after all these years.

Couple of questions though -

If you have a scout consistently on the same ongoing roaming assignment and he gathers knowledge of his area, will he then lose a bit of knowledge over time and then top it back up on the next cycle?

Do any attributes effect the rate of gathering/losing knowledge?

1 hour ago, mikelfc8 said:

Did not know that! Great how this game keeps throwing up little details like that even after all these years.

Couple of questions though -

If you have a scout consistently on the same ongoing roaming assignment and he gathers knowledge of his area, will he then lose a bit of knowledge over time and then top it back up on the next cycle?

Do any attributes effect the rate of gathering/losing knowledge?

Yes if he is roaming then he should top it back up next cycle when he goes back to the country, though how much it changes will depend on how long it takes for him to get back around, on FM16 I found it easy to keep my knowledge of North America maxed out but struggled to keep up my knowledge of South America.

According to reports Determination and/or Adaptability may affect how quickly a scout gets knowledge, though I haven't tested for myself so cannot say for certain. I just tend to try and assign scouts to regions they already have some knowledge of so a Brazilian would be sent to South America for example, I also boost knowledge by signing staff members with varied knowledge when I can sign more staff than is needed.

Though I haven't played FM17 yet so I have no idea if it has changed anything.

7 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes if he is roaming then he should top it back up next cycle when he goes back to the country, though how much it changes will depend on how long it takes for him to get back around, on FM16 I found it easy to keep my knowledge of North America maxed out but struggled to keep up my knowledge of South America.

According to reports Determination and/or Adaptability may affect how quickly a scout gets knowledge, though I haven't tested for myself so cannot say for certain. I just tend to try and assign scouts to regions they already have some knowledge of so a Brazilian would be sent to South America for example, I also boost knowledge by signing staff members with varied knowledge when I can sign more staff than is needed.

Though I haven't played FM17 yet so I have no idea if it has changed anything.

Thanks for that clarification.

I approach things in pretty much the same manner but two or three superscouts with superknowledge certainly helps

Archived