Help needed with lower league 4-4-1-1

Hello guys.

So I've been playing FM for a while now, probably since 2k10 and I've always been choosing teams from four strongest leagues and had many successes with them. After building strongest team Valencia ever had I decided to begin a journeyman save starting in the lower league of my country - Polish second division. 

And for now I'm stuck in the same place I'm always stuck when I begin this kind of save. I can't build a tactic for lower league. I've read a few articles and always read tips and hints for pepole who were asking the same question, but I feel like every case is different. The team I chose is GKS Tychy which is being predicted to finish 11th so they have a pretty bad team. I've learnt not to use many team instructions because players are so bad they probably won't be able to follow them, but I also have problems with setting up my tactic. I chose 4-4-1-1 because It's the one which suits my players the best. But I have problems with individual roles and individual instructions. 

Here it is: http://imgur.com/a/nfsnT

My biggest problem is how to assemble midfield and role for a striker. My best player is Grzeszczyk whose best role is AP(At) so I've decided to build a team around him. BWM usually have biggest rating amongst three of my midfielders and I have no idea who should I pair with him. Also playing a lone striker I have a problem with instructions for him. Should he be DLF or AF? One more problem is that it's the first time I'm using two LD's and they've been struggling so far, but they're too bad to be CD's.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me out? Also do you have any experience and more tips you could share with me?

Your looking at things in isolation too much, you need a big picture.  Just because your in lower leagues doesn't mean you can't give team instructions, you just have to decide what your players are good/bad at relative to the league your playing in.  Just because a role work for you before and got good ratings doesn't mean its the best and you should use it over other roles in other tactics.

In the simplest terms an Advanced Playmaker is a creator, so he needs players to create for.  Not only that but he needs other players to support him and give him easy passes so he can work the ball around till he sees a good opportunity.  Who will do these things in your tactic currently?  You have 3 other players looking to play risky passes and play attacking, another playmaker and then two limited defenders who will play safe direct balls away from your goal.

You need to tell us the full tactic details and not just the formation + roles.  You also need to tell us how you want your team to play, is your forward a quick small poacher type who the AP can create for?  If not do you have quick wingers who the AP can play through for a cross / pull back?  Are you trying to control games with a patient style for your AP to work the ball around or more of a counter / quick / direct style looking to use your teams physical attributes etc?

Archived