Target man as a lone forward-tips

Because your team will try to feed them the ball, I think a TM needs close support from either a second forward or a AMC.

A SS-A or AM-A charging past him on one side with a WM-A or IF-A doing the same on the other side.

Depends what you want and have available

2 minutes ago, summatsupeer said:

Because your team will try to feed them the ball, I think a TM needs close support from either a second forward or a AMC.

A SS-A or AM-A charging past him on one side with a WM-A or IF-A doing the same on the other side.

Depends what you want and have available

Would just a central attacking player work? An IF-A will not cross the ball, and the big man needs service.

It can work, especially if you are more focused on defending instead of scoring. That said a winger (especially with an attacking duty) on the opposite flank can get pretty close to the TM so he isn't necessarily left isolated when playing with two wingers and an amc.

1 hour ago, Bunkerossian said:

Would just a central attacking player work? An IF-A will not cross the ball, and the big man needs service.

The issue is how close he is when the TM gets the ball, can he control it and gold it up or just flick it on?  If the support isn't close he will need to have to hold it up for a long time even with a CM-A.

You said the TM isn't a good goal scorer so I assumed you wanted others to get ahead of him into scoring positions.  

If your plan is just get crosses into him then you don't need TM role.

A FB/WB overlapping the IF can provide crosses with a winger on the other flank so you have variation in your play.

2 minutes ago, summatsupeer said:

The issue is how close he is when the TM gets the ball, can he control it and gold it up or just flick it on?  If the support isn't close he will need to have to hold it up for a long time even with a CM-A.

You said the TM isn't a good goal scorer so I assumed you wanted others to get ahead of him into scoring positions.  

If your plan is just get crosses into him then you don't need TM role.

A FB/WB overlapping the IF can provide crosses with a winger on the other flank so you have variation in your play.

During a long attack, I'd want him to be in the box, and crossed to.

Archived