4411 - Trying to get AMC involved

Hi,

I've been trying to replicate Klopp's 4411 in FM 15 and now in FM 16 and had success, but one thing that I cannot get right is AMC position, it is the most "skipped" player in this formation. Does anybody have any suggestion how to get AMC more involved? As HoG says about 4411 ""The quality of the attacking midfielder will have a massive influence on how the system plays out." but I just can't get him involved.

Standard mentality

Fluid

Tight mark, Offside, Be more disciplined, Stick to positions, Play narrower, Prevent GK distrib.

GK

WB(s) - stay wider

DC

DC

WB(a) - stay wider

WM(a) - sit narrower, cut inside, dribble more, close down m.more

MC(d) - tackle harder

MC(s) - hold position

WM(s) - sit narrower, close down m.more

AMC(s) ?

DLF(s) - hold position, close down m.more

Any thoughts about AMC role? I'm thinking about Adv.Playmaker(a)? Any player instructions? Just cant get this position right and it should be main thing about this tactic.

Thanks, sorry for any grammar mistakes.

More involved in what way? Creating? Scoring? Defensive duties? All of the above?

It'll also depend on the type of player you are using - for example if you have a player with the PPM to look for the pass instead of shooting then the Shadow Striker role probably won't be ideal.

We need more info about what it is you are trying to do.

More involved in what way? Creating? Scoring? Defensive duties? All of the above?

Ok, I would say he is just passenger during game, I see him defending but in attack he doesnt score or assist, tried attacking midfielder role (support and attack) and still he gets skipped during game. I dont know, maybe my system is too focused on wingplay. My main scorer is WM(a) and most assist come from WB(a), but AMC just doesnt play part during offense.

I think Adv Playmaker will overload your final third. Maybe u can try use him as Treaquista? Especially if he has good anticipation and decision.

Because I use mine as treaquista and my amc help me link the play to my CF and sometimes he scores goal too :)

You have told your team to play narrower, both WM's to play narrower, a CM-S who will get forward a bit and and a DLF-S all moving into that space. He's probably crowded out unless he has great off the ball attribute to find space.

I would consider:

1) Attack duty so he makes runs and vacates that space for others. AM-A would be my initial try, maybe add PI's later depending on what I see.

2) A role+duty where he can roam to find space, either as a PI or built in.

3) Don't play so narrow.

Hard to say anything specific without seeing how it actually plays.

Archived