Stadium Help!

So currently playing with Tranmere Rovers and obviously based at the 16,000 seater Prenton Park.

I've had two promotions in 3 seasons so far and currently sit in the playoff positions of League 1. Bank balance has been steadily improving over the seasons but we are very much reliant on a good cup run to keep us in the black at the end of the season.

Then my ever so helpful chairman has announced that we are going to take out a whopping 11.25m loan and build a new stadium - creativley called "Tranmere Stadium" and it's got a whopping capacity of 9,000. So not only am I now saddled with a debt I didn't ask for, I now have a poxy capacity.

I am curious as to why the stadium capacity is so low though? Is this due to the rep not increasing in line with my rapid promotions? Or is it cause I was only averaging 7 - 8000 in League 2 when the stadium build was announced?

A smaller stadium with better facilities could be a better option that keeping a larger but crappy ground, clearly not in this case here as it should be something that happens in the Juventus Stadium scenario.

I believe there is an existing bug on this on the 'Other Gameplay Issues' section.

what gets me is why do I have to keep increasing the stadium by 6k seats at a time. For example if I took a team into the premier league and its riches, why not increase by 30k?best yet, have an option to choose from say you can have it increased by so much depending on the teams finances. Same with facilities. why not improve to best straight away instead of incremental increases. any unbalancing could be offset by pressure on finances.

Mostly because it's not really a managers job to do so..

In some cases a manager could go to the board and suggest improvement, but frankly, unless you are talking Wenger scale loyalty and pull with the board, you aren't going to get far with requesting a 30k improvement...

There has to be a need to improve by so much, and if your weekly capacity is at 90% .. why increase the capacity to 130% when you likely won't fill it yet.

Could be worse...

As Dorchester, I've moved up to League 1 over the course of five seasons. In my second season in League 1, which was my sixth at the club, the board decide to change the stadium to all-seater.

This changed the capacity from 5,009..to 2,000. :@

Archived