4-2-3-1 Liverpool

I've been meaning to post this for a little while. I was very successful with this tactic on FM15 but this year I've been struggling in a few ways, mainly scoring goals.

Here is the my first tactic:

Liverpool_%20%20Overview_zps88vitxuo.png

Liverpool_%20%20Overview-2_zpsihuluvyg.png

I use different shouts throughout games depending on the situation. I might close down more and push the d-line up.

Like I said I am struggling to score goals. What advice can you give?

Here is my second tactic:

Liverpool_%20%20Overview-3_zpst4v8tghc.png

Liverpool_%20%20Overview-4_zpslo3zhyfu.png

I tend to use this when I need to be cautious in games, mainly away from home. With this one at times I tend to be put under a lot of pressure. When this happens I try to push up or close down more but at times that doesn't help.

Any advice again?

I might try and post a few games.

Not really sure how to help as your set up seems quite balanced and you are doing ok (2nd in EPL). It seems you rely a lot on your lone striker to score goals. Ideally I look to get my AMC involved more in sharing some of that burden in a 4411. Coutinho as a T (A) might not be the most effective role for that. Have you tried him as a WP (A) on the left side with Lallana/Firminop as AM (A)? That should make Coutinho drift inside looking for the ball to create something, and both Lallana and Firmino are excellent off the ball so that should provide Coutinho with some options. I would also make sure Sturridge is running the channels.

Not really sure how to help as your set up seems quite balanced and you are doing ok (2nd in EPL). It seems you rely a lot on your lone striker to score goals. Ideally I look to get my AMC involved more in sharing some of that burden in a 4411. Coutinho as a T (A) might not be the most effective role for that. Have you tried him as a WP (A) on the left side with Lallana/Firminop as AM (A)? That should make Coutinho drift inside looking for the ball to create something, and both Lallana and Firmino are excellent off the ball so that should provide Coutinho with some options. I would also make sure Sturridge is running the channels.

Thank you. I will give that a go, although prob keep the WP as a support

What Blinklys said is right about your setup. It looks quite good and is doing you a job defensively. Why you are struggling to score is that you dont really have any options outside Sturridge, and possibly Countinho shooting as your two wide men stay wide and are playmakers, and your CMs are DMs so not getting forward into the scoring areas. With defensive solidity you do have to sacrifice something in the way of attack quite often. You could try the AM A as suggested as the Treq can score, but is still a playmaker role and will look to pass. You could try also one of the wide men as an inside forward to get some more presence in the box (at the risk of leaving space out wide).

I play as Liverpool too on my save. My tactic i use is 4-4-1-1.

2 widemidfielders on attack duty with get further forward and cut inside with ball, also direct passing and more risky passes.

These 2 wide roles are perfect for Lallana on the right and Milner on the left. These 2 dudes will be your scorers and will get loads off assisist.

Up top have a complete forward on attack with direct passing and more risky passing instructions.

Thats your front 3.

Behind main striker the little magician himself, Coutinho.

He will be an advance playmaker on support. He will be the one that brings all the attackers into play. His best role for liverpool, bringing the ball out from deep and passing on to an advancing attacker.

In center midfield i use a deep lying playmaker on defend and next to him a box to box midfielder.

The back 4 are 2 full backs on attack, u want these two guys to bomb on forward and put in killer whipped crosses into the box.

The right center back i set as a ball playing defender on the stopper duty, hes the guy who gets the attack started from the back and will rush onto oncoming attackers.

The left sideded center back is a central defender on defend, he will just protect the back line and just defend.

What Blinklys said is right about your setup. It looks quite good and is doing you a job defensively. Why you are struggling to score is that you dont really have any options outside Sturridge, and possibly Countinho shooting as your two wide men stay wide and are playmakers, and your CMs are DMs so not getting forward into the scoring areas. With defensive solidity you do have to sacrifice something in the way of attack quite often. You could try the AM A as suggested as the Treq can score, but is still a playmaker role and will look to pass. You could try also one of the wide men as an inside forward to get some more presence in the box (at the risk of leaving space out wide).

Ok thank you. As silly as it sounds I was unaware the Treq was a playmaker.

Quick update: Have decided not to play around with my wide men just yet, have changed the Treq to AM-A, and asked the DLF to run into channels. Just played Southampton away from home. Coutinho who played in the AM role scored, Sturidge also got on the score sheet, I won 3-1

Archived