Match Sharpness conondrum

Hi all

I've tried searching everywhere to find an answer to this problem.

I'm managing a small part-time club in the 3rd tier in Norway.

My problem is this:

I've now finished one whole season without ever reaching 100% match sharpness for a single one of my players(!)

The team plays one match each week, and I have a quite a few regulars that have played every single match. When there are weeks when there are no matches, I arrange a friendly or two.

The best match sharpness they reach is about 92-94%.

Why is this?

Btw: My assistant manager handles all training.

Match sharpness simply comes from playing games. If you are struggling to get it high then it's simple why, the players aren't playing enough games. It really is that simple. It's the only way match sharpness can increase.

Match sharpness simply comes from playing games. If you are struggling to get it high then it's simple why, the players aren't playing enough games. It really is that simple. It's the only way match sharpness can increase.

Hi thanks for the reply. This is what I've also read. Hower. All the other teams in my division have nearly their whole squad at 100% match sharpness, and I play the same amount of matches they play.

I have double checked to see if the players that have 100% MS play more matches than my players. And the surprising result is that they actually play LESS matches than my players at 90-94% MS.

I am inclined to believe this must have another reason than purely matches.

Hi thanks for the reply. This is what I've also read. Hower. All the other teams in my division have nearly their whole squad at 100% match sharpness, and I play the same amount of matches they play.

I have double checked to see if the players that have 100% MS play more matches than my players. And the surprising result is that they actually play LESS matches than my players at 90-94% MS.

I am inclined to believe this must have another reason than purely matches.

There is no other reason. It's not the amount of games they play it's the amount of time on the pitch they spend.

If your players struggle for match fitness the only reason it can be is they aren't playing enough. The only way to impact match sharpness is from playing minutes on the pitch. If a player plays a lot he will have higher match sharpness, if he doesn't then it will decline. Those are the only things it can be, it isn't linked to anything else at all. There is nothing else to it, it simple equals match minutes.

You can't compare to other players or teams because they might have played more/less minutes and they might not rotate as much etc.

I don't have screenshots of this now, since I'm in the season break, and all my players are out of shape. But I will try to monitor this during the next season to see if anything changes.

My central defender played 25 of 26 matches during the season, and I'm quite sure he only was substituted once or twice. He never got higher than 92-94 MS. To me this seems strange, when players on other teams have 100% MS, and have played substantially fewer games in the same time. I will try to provide screenschots during next season, since this really is frustrating.

I don't have screenshots of this now, since I'm in the season break, and all my players are out of shape. But I will try to monitor this during the next season to see if anything changes.

My central defender played 25 of 26 matches during the season, and I'm quite sure he only was substituted once or twice. He never got higher than 92-94 MS. To me this seems strange, when players on other teams have 100% MS, and have played substantially fewer games in the same time. I will try to provide screenschots during next season, since this really is frustrating.

His condition will have been 92-94% are you sure you're not getting confused? It comes down to you are either doing something wrong or you are mistaking condition for match sharpness, those are the only things it can be because like I've stated, match sharpness decreases when someone isn't playing and can only increase via game time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now started my second season, and the same thing is happening again. I will provide screenshots.

I'm now two games into the season, and I've been careful to play a lot of friendlies to keep match sharpness as high as possible before the season. I've also tried to field the first eleven in most of the games.

Some of the players have played almost every minute of the 8 friendlies. Most other teams in my division have only played 4 or 5 friendlies.

My Friendlies:

http://postimg.org/image/bx114b23z/

My Squad:

http://postimg.org/image/7edxbhl7n/

Opposition Friendlies:

http://postimg.org/image/nx40h0879/

Opposition Squad:

http://postimg.org/image/rxa8k36mh/

Don't tell me this ONLY has to to with match time for players. There has to be something else?

None of their players have played more than 5 games, and most of them have played less than 3 full games.Their max sharpness players are at 100%. (these players have played FULL 5 games)

Most of my players have played more than 7 games. Some of my players have played all 9 games. But my max sharpness player is 91%. (This player has played 9 FULL games)

The only thing I can think of is that there may be a difference between a semi-pro and a pro team when the game is calculating match sharpness. You are comparing your semi-pro team to Hønefoss, which I believe is a fully pro team by now.

Hi, thanks for the reply. But all the teams in the Norwegian second div. are semi pro. Even Hønefoss. (Except for the 2nd teams of Tippeliga teams). I just checked.

My theory is that "natural fitness" attribute has ALOT to say about how players are able to keep their match SHARPNESS up. All the players I have checked that have 100% match sharpness have fairly high "natural fitness".

So my guess would be that not only match training (playing games) has an impact on match sharpness, but also other attributes of the player, and possibly training facilities.

The only theory I have is that it might have something to do with facilities/natural fitness attribute in addition to the playing time of a player.

Would like someone "in the know" to explain this.

I am in the know and have explained exactly how it works. Match sharpness has NOTHING to do with anything else other than match time. Only condition is linked to natural fitness and stamina not match sharpness. You can have all the theories you want but sadly you'd be wrong with every single one of them.

The issue you have is the friendlies are too far apart and not allowing for the match sharpness to get higher. A week between games is far too long when trying to build match sharpness. If you upload your save game I will prove beyond considerable doubt that the issue here is you and nothing else. Please upload it to a file sharing site and I'll show you.

EDIT - In fact I don't need your game. Which team do you play as? And I'll show you.

EDIT 2 - You play as Lillehammer? What edit file did you use?

I eased off on the friendlies towards the end and also didn't include them in the last reserve match played or they'd have been tired for the first league game. But still, you get the point..........

k6NXS7l.png

And this is their sharpness on the day of the first game of the season in the league;

18lvEkW.png

Archived