Increasing manager reputation

I have downloaded the mega leagues pack and randomised the leagues. My challenge is I need to win the league in that country, once I've done that I can only move onto the next country on the list. I've start with Sunday League Experience and with no badges whatsoever.

I've started in India (all those new leagues and countries and I started in one already in the game!) the next country is Honduras.

I managed to win the league and cup with East Bengal, they were one of the favourites without winning much recently. My reputation hasn't changed I'm still half a star and 10%.

I applied for a vacant job in Honduras but didn't get an interview. This is understandable, why would a team from Honduras want to hire a nobody who manages in India.

What I want to know is, if I keep bringing success to East Bengal will my reputation start to increase to decent enough to get a job in Honduras? I'm playing in the Asian Champions League, don't really fancy my chances as their are players who play in Arab leagues who are earning more a week than my entire squad. Will playing and having a mini cup run in that competition be enough?

Reason I'm asking is I don't want to waste my time with this unless it has a chance of going somewhere.

Anybody had experience in a really low reputation league and been able to move on? If so how did you do it?

Thanks

Your rep will increase but only so far when managing in a low rep nation/region.

Essentially there is a point where continued success in India will not increase your rep any further.

That was my worry, do you think my rep should increase enough in order to get a job at Honduras if I dominate in India for a few seasons?

Could I perhaps get a job at a lower ranked international side maybe even u23? Would that help increase?

Does team rep come into it at all? East Bengal have a rep of 1 1/2 stars, there are some teams in Honduras who have the same, most have 2 star.

Your club's rep is not a consideration, the fact that you got an interview suggests that your rep is high enough for consideration & had you answered the interview questions differently you might have got the job.

The issue might not have anything to do with your reputation. You're still at your club in India by the sounds of it. So, the club in Honduras would have to buy you out of your current contract in order to employ you. In a league like that where there aren't many great finances, it's not worth poaching a manager from another club when there are unemployed managers floating around who don't come with this extra cost.

Should we be careful when signing new contracts then? Like demanding lower wages or not signing contracts with multiple years?

If your intention is to leave then you should demand lower wages and shorter contracts. If your desire is to make yourself as hard to sack as possible then the opposite.

Frustrates me every time someone says manager contract negotiations are pointless and we should be able to buy cars!

If I know I'm on the lookout for a new job I sometimes just keep declining new contracts and stay rolling

Archived