Game won't load after new update

After the game got updated and then click to load the game, it loaded up when I had it on windowed went in to preferences and changed resolution and full screen, it then crashed and i get this error: unable to initialise the sound-please ensure directx has been installed correctly, well directx is up to date

Have you tried clearing all the old preferences (.cfg files) from:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\EHM\Temporary

Thank you Riz that has fixed it :thup:

Edit: actually it worked until I went full screen with resolution at 1920x1080, then quit and start it up again and got that error:(

Fixes it.. for a single session.

Btw: lol my graphics card doesn't support the 1920x1080 resolution, but I still selected it just to see what happens.. would be smart to look into the game actually checking what your machine can support, that's a potential law-suit in the works, the screen starts flashing.

Are you using full screen? I get same error if I go full screen with 1920x1080 resolution, but if I go windowed or borderless works fine with the other resolutions

Yes, sir.

Edit: so, changing the taskbar settings for it to hide itself automatically and setting the resolution to whatever your desktop resolution is, with Borderless Windowed mode selected kinda.. fixes it in my situation.

• SI Staff

I'm investigating this and it seems it is only related to the fullscreen mode when running at the limits of your screen resolution.

I would suggest using another windowed mode for now but if you do run into this, deleting the game.cfg file in the temporary folder noted above will get you back into the default settings.

After the game got updated and then click to load the game, it loaded up when I had it on windowed went in to preferences and changed resolution and full screen, it then crashed and i get this error: unable to initialise the sound-please ensure directx has been installed correctly, well directx is up to date

same here....:(

Archived