noikeee's FM16 Euro/LatinAmerican Journeyman

noikeee

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Sack all your scouts. Some fresh eyes might help you identify some new targets.

It's not the scouts, it's a persistent problem I've faced in every team I've managed for a few years now. I started noticing it back when I managed Austria Wien when all my preferred targets for inside forwards were in their 30s (as they were the remaining initial DB players) and the regens were nothing like them.

13 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Is Gary Neville your idol?

Hey there, that's low, I'm a Scottish champion, when has Gary last won anything as a non-player non-pundit? :herman:

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

I've got similar feelings about FM16, though not for the same reasons.

I'm curious now, what's your issues with this version of the game?

2034/2035 - Pre-season, and a bit, update - Sevilla

Xf5JwPG.png

Transfers

I'm not going to go into much detail but Sevilla fans must've been delighted (not) when I sold 4 strikers, including our massive superstar Pedro Valero for a club record fee of 38,5M€ (inexplicably the previous record was still the sale of Dani Alves to Barcelona), another striker who was a large sale was Santi for 12.75M€. I also got rid of an overpaid midfielder called Migue and a defender called Thulani Sihlangu.

As for signings I splashed the cash (12.5M€) on versatile midfielder Zihni Bayindir, hired another similar but veteran midfielder called Zacharias Sioras on a free, splashed another ridiculous sum (12.75M€) on an attacking right-back Alexandru Andrei who isn't worth half the fee but was the only decent attacking rightback in the market, and hired a similar guy for the leftback position from Brazil called Adhemar Rezende. Meanwhile the previous manager had hired a centre-back named Ken Tani who looks amazing until you realize he has 5 for Jumping (wonderful, thanks for this transfer); and I picked up a young striker named Daniel Adams who I placed in the B team.

Pre-season friendlies

GXqV7BT.jpg

This wasn't too terrible. Defeats to Almería and Hibernian were concerning, but as we started learning the tactics things seemed to get going. Weirdly 3rd choice striker (after I sold 4 better strikers than him) Marc Bosvelt got two hat-tricks.

La Liga

uNAuKdS.jpg

But then things went very wrong. An away draw with Rayo? Not great but forgivable. A home draw with Granada? Well it happens. Defeat at Real Madrid? They're stupid good, it's bound to happen. But home draws to both Las Palmas and Espanyol? This is starting to look like a pattern. Most frustratingly, there doesn't seem to be any goals in us. Our midfielders running from deep get loads of chances, but they're great at finishing them up anywhere but in the opposition goal.

YRhXZfU.jpg

Summary

As you can see from my previous posts, I'm just not feeling this career anymore (and haven't really since the Dundee United days, which was a short period but great to be fair!). It's time to throw in the towel.

BaY9BXm.jpg

(amusingly after Nobby's remark I just remembered my assistant manager was also a Neville)

A bizarre and surreal press conference has seen the Sevilla manager present his immediate resignation and retirement from football, mumbling incoherent sentences such as "I'm done with football, the regens aren't good enough"; "The tactics I've downloaded are crap"; and "I personally blame SI". Rumours persist he's had a psychotic breakdown.

Now, is there a new challenge in the horizon...? :)

I'd love to see the in-game media try and work out who SI are ;)

As for my views on FM16, there is nothing major but lots of small things, which go for the recent versions in general.

Archived