Ai team broke a leagues rule?

hi everyone been playing as Rostock in third tier of german football.

in this league their is a rule stating no player under 17 can play and yet just had message pop up saying a new youngest ever player of which hes 16 years of age.

was just wondering what may be going on here if they can bypass that rule.

heres the screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/7is8p

The fact he turns 17 before the end of the season might be why he can play. He's in the A-Jugend age category which iirc is all that's required to play senior level football.

The screenshots do give away his DOB, the bottom one has his exact age & the current date.

I see two screenshots, neither of which have a date of birth or date attached. The only date I see is 19th December 2008, which is the date of the previous record was made. Have I missed which screenshot we're talking about?

I can't see any date on the second screenshot either.

A longshot, but: Does Sandhausen maybe not have enough eligible players to fill out their roster? I know this can sometimes cause the game to "circumvent" the rules...

I can't see any date on the second screenshot either.

A longshot, but: Does Sandhausen maybe not have enough eligible players to fill out their roster? I know this can sometimes cause the game to "circumvent" the rules...

They don't need to, unless OP can provide some proof that they weren't actually eligible (i.e. not 17 at the start of January), then there's no issue here.

They don't need to, unless OP can provide some proof that they weren't actually eligible (i.e. not 17 at the start of January), then there's no issue here.

And if he can, there is an issue.

Just trying to provide a possible explanation... ;)

And if he can, there is an issue.

Just trying to provide a possible explanation... ;)

When a club lacks an eligible player a "grey" player is created to cover the gap, so it wouldn't be that.

I think if OP bothers to post again we'd see the player's birthday is before the 1st of January. If there is an error, it would probably be to do with league eligibility rules implemented.

None of the screenshots tell us that. If it's before the 6th of September, then he would indeed be 17 by the 1st.

Yes you could well be right, my mistake there as I saw the date but should have noticed that was for the other player.

Strange rule anyway, and if they can actually play before they are 17 it should say the exact rule.

Yes you could well be right, my mistake there as I saw the date but should have noticed that was for the other player.

Strange rule anyway, and if they can actually play before they are 17 it should say the exact rule.

Confused me last year as well, but I had the opposite problem, a player that turned 17 in January that I assumed I could register and use. Blew about £5 million on that kid (was already good enough to start for me in the Bundesliga) and couldn't even use him that season. What's worse is he ended up being a right plonker and got absolutely no better... oh well... Still a decent Bundesliga striker before he did his ACL twice.

Archived