Chinese Mandarin Language Support in future versions?

• 2 weeks later...

It has a population of 1.4 billion, an average attendance of 18,700 which is 7th in the world (higher than Brazil and only just lower than Italy and France) and the biggest video game market in the world (http://www.newzoo.com/free/rankings/top-100-countries-by-game-revenues/) 7 times bigger than that of the UK

Just saying it would make sense to get it cracking the Chinese market by making it available in Mandarin!!!

1416051019222_wps_7_1pic_ATTENDANCES_jpg.jpg

The Chinese market tends towards free to play games with a high rate of piracy for anything that is not free at source, if it proves to be a financial success in South Korea I imagine there is a better chance of China getting a local version of FMO than full language support in FM/FMT.

That may be true, but even if you capture the tiniest percent of the market its still a huge market. Equally, to the question off whether it might be a financial success I think this is missing the point considering the game is essentially a complete product. The only overheads would be the translation costs and whatever costs are associated with distribution. All this in mind, it would surely be a financial success, and one that would only grow.

This is highlighted by the fact that FM Online has already been released in China (http://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-online-headed-china)

Heres hoping we get a full version soon!

• Administrators

Miles has spoken about this before I believe essentially saying if we sell over a certain number within a country then we'll consider language support for it. He made the same promise to Greece and Turkey and both now have their languages in game. So if you live in China, tell all your friends to buy the game! :)

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. Its great to hear its achievable and that its a possibility. My only thought being; is achieving is that target not a little cyclical? ie people wont buy it if its not in their language, as such it wont be considered for language support, thus people wont buy it etc... Although having said this obviously their would be some sales from expats and people proficient in English. The only thing is Chinas 2nd language english rates are nowhere near that of Europe, so the amount of people that would take a punt on it wouldn't be the same as that of Turkey or Greece. Essentially my point being, you might not achieve a small level of sales in China, but this doesn't mean there wouldn't still be huge potential for sales if it where translated.

Also worse case scenario, me and my friends could chip in with some translations ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived