False 10 on the wing

Hey guys,

Im trying to recreate the false 10 role on the wing, similar to how Messi and Hazard are currently playing. Need some ideas.

I have gone with AP-A on the wing PI: Roam, Close down much less, crosses from deep, ease off tackle.

I have been playing around with stays on wide and swapping positions with the ST in order to recreate the central positions Messi take up, but not sure if it was working. Now going to try sits narrow and not swapping.

Found this link.

www.outsideoftheboot.com/2015/09/07/what-is-a-false-10/

Thanks

Sits Narrow?

Your player is more Beckham than a Rodriguez. He'll provide crosses from deep. I think sits narrow is rather important.

Also, the attacking mid occupying the pocket is very important. He must be able to drift off wide or act as a second striker in order to leave space for the man coming inside.

Sits Narrow?

Your player is more Beckham than a Rodriguez. He'll provide crosses from deep. I think sits narrow is rather important.

Also, the attacking mid occupying the pocket is very important. He must be able to drift off wide or act as a second striker in order to leave space for the man coming inside.

I dont have a AMC. I am using a 4-3-3 formation, using Messi out on the AMR.

Archived